jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

Health question?

Okay i take four protein shakes a day. i weigh 165lbs. i use to only take 1-2 shakes a day. i have bumped that up with the last four months. ever since i did that i have to pee more then i should. my bladder is to overactive. a friend who works as a nurse at a hospital said i might have a slight kindey infection for to make protien intake. she said that protein isn't good to be taking. she said those powders eat away at your kidneys/intestines and stuff. alot of the elements in the products they aren't good because she said because they are man made and not being made natural from a body. what do you guys think bout this/ also should i only take 2 shakes a day?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    First off, I'd shag that nurse. Then I'd tell her she didn't know what she was talking about. Do you really think we are gonna be sold powders that would "eat away at our kidneys"? I doubt it

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    actually what she was telling u could be true, ive been told the same thing, but it could also be that, when ur body intake of protein reaches 100%, the rest go to waste and u pee it out

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Dude that is fvcking awesome advice.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Man made? All supplemental protein is derived from milk. It is not synthetic. As for the rest of her advice, I dotn even know where to start. You have got to be kidding me.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I think she meant it was processed, not man made. She sounds like an idiot from the stuff she told you. Excess protein intake can be harsh on the kidneys, but generally only in extreme cases.

That being said, i think you would be better suited to replace the shakes, except PWO, with solid lean protein sources. Solid food is better for putting on mass than protein powders.

haha - yeah she was a one night stand anyhow so won't see her again. just wanted to see what you guys thought.

NSA - drop me your email addy i want to talk with you bout something. thanks

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsz28
    NSA - drop me your email addy i want to talk with you bout something. thanks
    Make a new post and i'll talk about things in that thread with you. You also have the benefit of other members input.

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    Alot of nurses don't know jack about sports nutrtion. They usually see an old guy that has come in for acute renal failure and the doc will put them on a low protein diet and since this is what the nurses are used to, they feel too much protein is bad for everybody. Trust me, I'm a nurse and when I talk to co-workers, they have zero idea on how athletes should eat.

huh- well i guess that makes sense since they don't practice in sports medicine and stuff.

NSA - only thing i wanted to ask you was. i'm taking 4 shakes a day to try and help put more size on. what type of foods would help the most to increase my size. i have been fighting to get over 160 pounds. i keep getting stronger and my muscles get bigger but i get ripped up more then anything else. i just lose body fat and don't put weight on. my body burns up food very quick.

paul56 is offline Junior Member
    Check out the diet forum man, the bulking stick if followed should allow u to reach ur goals. You should be eatting 6-8 meals a day and no more then 3 shakes a day IMO, real food is always better then having a shake.

alright thanks paul..

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Eat caloric dense foods. Lean Beef, Natty PB, Olive Oil, Baked Poatoes, Whoel grain Bagels, etc.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    i dont even know where do start....its good to know that our nurses are soooo educated. Bro, surely you could mix it up a little bit, 4 shakes is alot, but theres nothing wrong with it. Maybe do some chicken breast or some lean meats.

Thread Information