playa4933 is offline Associate Member

ephedrine for breathing troubles

hey guys, i play football but i always find myself short of breath and i have been diagnosed with a bit of asthma(sp?). I use my albuteral inhailer, and it does some good, but i cant really take an inhailer around with me during practice. I have threads about ephedrine being used for energy, but havent read anything about breathing. I just feel i would fill my potential if i could only breath better on the field. I mean its hard to go all out and hit somebody hard if you are gasping for breath. Ive considered not even playing because of my breathing. And its not that im out of shape, i have been keeping in pretty good shape (lifting, sprints, track a few years back) so dont just think that i am a lazy guy who sits around the entire off-season and then bitches about how he cant breath on the feild. Its not that im heavy either, im considered decently cut. I love football, but i just cant take the breathing problem. Any help or experiences with breathing on ephedrine would be apreciated, thanks.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would check with my doctor before I started mixing albuteral with ephedrine. Together they will jack up your system.

really? Well good thing i found that out. What exactly does it do if i mixed them?

barnardeep is offline New Member
    ephedrine clears my sinuses, my nose is constantly stuffy

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I've been prescribed albuterol since I was a kid and it took me 10 years to figure out it was causing more problems. Somehow I'd end up using the inhaler like 20 times a day. Now I use a regular primatine inhaler once a day max. I dont get asthma from sports, just cold air and irritants...

epedrine is great for breathing, but be careful combining it with sports because it raises your blood pressure and makes you more suseptible to overheating.... I'd say use a low dose, or just pack your inhaler...

itza2mer is offline New Member
    Unfortunately, all major asthma drugs (Clen , Albuterol, Ephedrine, etc) jack up your heartrate and blood pressure (some more than others). Lately, I've been forced to take more Ephedrine than usual to fight springtime allergies and asthma attacks. I've had some success taking Kava Kava to counter the blood pressure/heart issues. However, taking too much Kava Kava will take the edge off of your energy for workouts.
    Last edited by itza2mer; 04-01-2005 at 03:23 AM.

i would definatly keep the dose low. Energy isnt a huge concern (but is welcomed) mainly just breathing. If ephedrine was potent enough, i wouldnt really use albuteral that much.

Thread Information