Akibahara is offline New Member

Best anti-lactic acid/fatigue supplement? Suggestions?

Okay, I believe I'm doing relatively well at the gym right now; I'd say... I'm putting in an intermediate amount of weight lifting in. However, there's just this one issue that absolutely kicks my ass after a few sets: Lactic acid build-up and fatigue. Yeah, yeah, I understand the more you breathe versus the less you breathe can contribute or decrease lactic acid build-up, and I understand the C4 Extreme I'm taking is definitely helping my case... but I'm wondering, what's the most powerful or efficient anti-lactic acid/fatigue supplement on the market? Pump doesn't need to be included on the list of benefits.

Sebastia is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    Okay, I believe I'm doing relatively well at the gym right now; I'd say... I'm putting in an intermediate amount of weight lifting in. However, there's just this one issue that absolutely kicks my ass after a few sets: Lactic acid build-up and fatigue. Yeah, yeah, I understand the more you breathe versus the less you breathe can contribute or decrease lactic acid build-up, and I understand the C4 Extreme I'm taking is definitely helping my case... but I'm wondering, what's the most powerful or efficient anti-lactic acid/fatigue supplement on the market? Pump doesn't need to be included on the list of benefits.
    Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is known to improve the lactate threshold, but you'll be hard pressed to find a pre-workout supplement which has this ingredient in it. Best to buy it outright as baking soda.

Blog Entries
    Lactic acid build up is inevitable. You could modify rest periods after set or lifting tempo.

The body will adapt over time.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastia View Post
    Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is known to improve the lactate threshold, but you'll be hard pressed to find a pre-workout supplement which has this ingredient in it. Best to buy it outright as baking soda.

You already have plenty of pH buffers in your blood stream. Eating sodium bicarb would not offer any benefit (apart from treating acid reflux).
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 04-20-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Thread Information