xenithon is offline Member

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey vs EAS Myopro (Simply Protein)

Hi All,

Here in South Africa there is a very limited range of products. I do not want to get a local brand because I simply don't trus them

I am looking for a good striaght whey protein for use after a workout. The two best options I have are the following and I am looking for any input or advice:

1. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey (is there a difference between the normal one and the 'natural' one as I can get both)
    2. EAS MyoPro (previously Simply protein).

When comparing them I see the EAS has around 5g carbs per serving and 20g protein, whereas the ON has 4g carbs and 23g protein for the same serving size (~30g scoop). In terms of price, the ON is about 30-35% more and I just wanted to know if it is worth the extra money??

Thanks for any advice,
    X

PS. PLEASE do not tell me to get another brand since I simply cannot get others here. Thanks!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    EAS tastes better in my opinion bro
    thats the only dif to me

hi there,

What about the actual ingredients: is any one better than the other in terms of quality? The only thing that deters me to the EAS (which I have actually found for around 45% cheaper now) is the fact that it's 5g carbs per 20g protein, so if I want 50-60g of whey I will also get 10-15g carbs which is now not negligible anymore

Anyone experienced any difference in results when moving from EAS to ON or visa versa?

Thanks!

PS. What is the best flavor in each? I hear the EAS strawberry is good and the ON chocolate/choc-mint.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    IMO optimum whey is better.

zOaib is offline VET
    Optimum nutrition normal whey tastes awesome n u get 23g of protein in every scoop , n only 8 fat calories n 1 g sugar ................ i love da shiaaaat !

hi guys,

thanks for the info. just one last question: do you guys think that the extra cash is worth it? i know it may not mean much cause it is my local currency, but I can get the EAS for 240, whereas the ON is 385! also does anyone here use the EAS protein and have any problems with the (relatively) high carb content?

cheers,
    X

Thread Information