rooky7002 is offline Junior Member

IBS and supplements

hi all,

i was wondering if any of you have any advice on Irritable bowel syndrome and supplements like creatine and weight gain powders, i suffer with this condition very badly, some times im fine for months taking my powders, and then im hit with a bad spell. of yeah u guessed it

my weight gaining powder is not mixed with milk, its mixed with water, the milk ones just goes straight through me.

if anyone else suffers with this or has some advice on how to keep it under control i would love to hear from you.

The Rooky,

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    I've had problems with IBS and creatine in the past. I switched to a product called Swole v.2 and since then, all problems have disappeared.

You might want to try to get some Acidopholous (pill form) to keep your system healthy after a bout of diarreah.

well im gonna drop creatine today, see how i go. i hope it makes a big diffrence - ive tryed droping all the other stuff i take to find the one that was causing the flare up but i did'nt find it, so there is a big chance its the creatine.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    For some people, regular creatine isn't absorbed during digestion and eventually ends up in the large intestine. Due to its abilty to attract water and the sand-like abbrasiveness of creatine-monohydrate, your large intestine will collect a significant amount of water, hence the explosive diarreah.

Let us know how it goes, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this problem.

eacman65 is offline Member
    that doesnt sound like a great thing to have

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    I had collitis growing up but it doesn't bother me anymore because the doctors took out my entire large intestine when I was 15. Now Im healthy and stronger than ever.

eacman:
    yea its a realy painfull thing to have, the bowl spasm's alone are enough to put you on your knees, but the constant running to the toilet makes you very weak. and tired. it can make training very difficult.

i hope soon to be able to get it all under control for good. BTW mmc my doc gave me some tablets called colefac they seem to work fairly good as long as the flare up is not intense.

The Rooky,

Thread Information