flawless706 is offline New Member

stupid question about supps

I keep hearing about milk thistle and cranberry extract to help liver detoxification. I know i can just drink cranberry juice, but where can i get milk thistle? Is it produced naturally (ie in milk)? Forgive me if that was dumb. also what supplements would you reccomend to help heal a broken bone and to get it back into shape? I have a broken ankle (all 3 ankle bones!) and would like to take something to aid the process. Is Shark Cartilage any good? Thanks!

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    Bro, you can buy milk thistle at walmart and cheap!!!! Shark cartilage is crap in my opinion. Calcium from milk is your best bet in helping to heal bone. Just use lowfat milk. As always, a good protein supplement, whey preferred. Not that calsium is a bone healer, Calcium will help to strengthen bone.

flawless706 is offline New Member
    I always look for the lower cost better solution than the stuff they sell in health food stores. As soon as i can get my ass to a walmart or riteaid i'll go pick up some milk thistle. Somebody this morning told me about another joint builder, but i think i'll avoid it. I just remembered, what if someone took the pills they prescribe for people with hepatitis? that is supposed to reduce the amount of liver toxins? probably a bad idea, but worth looking into

manijak is offline Associate Member
    need vitamin D to help calcium bond to the bones

Cleanboy03 is offline New Member
    Bro i have broken my ankle 4 times and my arm once. After all that the thing that i have learned while i am trying to repair them is drinking milk. If you drink a shit load of milk until you want to puke (maybe an exageration) you will heal those bones about a week and a half before the Doc expects them to be done. I am not a PHD or anything this is just my opinion from someone who spends as much time in PT than on the field

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    GNC had it on sale (milk thistle that is) two bottles for 20 bucks. good deal, needless to say I bought two bottles. Also Glutamine same thing. Got two bottles of that too.

Thread Information