Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Ok I got this packet from a local Nutri-Sport.

It Part 1 of a 5 part series of new updated reports.

Types and qualty of protein
    The most imoportant aspect concerning protein is how much will be assimilated, in other words how much of a particular protein your ingesting will actually make it into your muscle tissue? The answer is, it really depends on the type. (BV) or Biological Value is the measurement for how effiecently protein is used by the body. There are several diferent types of protein. Gelatin protein is regarded as the lowest quality of protein pertaining to muscle recuperation and assimilation. Gelatin proetin is sometimes "disguised" as "hydrolyzed protein" and "hydrolyzed bovine collagen." Keep a watchful eye for these types of protein, because they are virtually useless for anything other than building strong nails .
    Soy Protein is great for helping to prevent osteoporosis and breast cancer in women, but once again it does very little for those wishing optimal absorbtion for maximal muscle recuperation. The amino acid profile in soy is inferior and not favorable for promoting growth.
    Caseinates, including sodium caseinate, calcium caseinate, milk protein isolates, etc, have been advertized for their "time release" properties. Unfortunately, this hype does not address the issue of poor absorbtion. If someone felt they needed a "time released" protein, they could simply add milk to a higher quality protein and not have to pay for a cheaper protein profile.
    Egg albumin is a decent protein, but falls way short of the higher quality proteins as far as assimilation and amino acid profile.

Lower grade whey proteins, such as those found in the 5 and 10lbs. "Bulk" wheys on the market are the bigest "scam" in the industry. These whey proteins do not go through the same filtration processes as higher quality wheys and do not assimilate the same. Bulk proteins are usually are usually the end result of hydrolysis, a process which breaks apart the peptide bonds and in turn destroys the protein structure. They are very low grade and are marketed to unsuspecting consumers who know no diferent. The denatured proteins in these bulk sizes are virtually useless and you need to ingest much more to get the same assimilation as you would with a higher quality protein, so the consumer essentially needs to spend more than they would if they were not trying to cut corners. In other words, buy a bigger shaker to accomodate more scoops for less thatn equivalet results!

Cross Flow Micro Filtration Why Proteins and Whey Protein Isolates.
    These are the two highest quality proteins on the market. You will get ultimate assimilation, little to zero lactose sugars, no fat, an extremly high-branched chain amino acid profile and they generally mix well and taste good. The only knock to Isolates is that they are missing some important microfractions that are imperative to GH release, immune system functions, etc. The biological active whey protein fractions, such as lactoferin (has been shown to assist tissue re-growth), are just about nonexistent in true whey protein isolate. The addition of digestive enzymes is essential for even greater absorbtion.

Damn that took a lot of time to type out! Sorry for any misspelling.
    There's some othe info on Glutamine, and they way Potassium Pyruvate will jump start fat burning for cardio. But I can't type anymore right now. If your intrested let me know. Some of this info we already know, but it's good for the beginer's. Basically just remmber to check the profiles of the protein products you are buying. Isopure is great, Glutapro as well, but there many other out there as well, just be wary on what your purchasing.

_SOLID

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Nice post playa. But next time, don't say it's someone ELSES info. Just lie and say it's yours.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok, well this sucks...look how much time solid spent on typing this, and this is how we repay him?! F*ck that! I'm gonna keep bumping this post. Good job man!

I'm one of those 5lb "buyers"......i buy EAS simply whey...mayube i should rethink what i am buying....BUT IT'S SOOOOO CHEAP!!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    B,b,b,bump!!!! Nice post bro.

Damn, how did I ever miss reading this???? Great post!
    BIG BUMPEDY BUMP for the newbies to read.....

BTW, I am also one of the 5lbers.....

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    Great post about the PRO. Do you have any brand recommendations? Which brands are the best and have the highest BV?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i got EAS myopro whey "simply whey" 5-lbs
    it says under other ingredients "whey protein concentrate and isolate (cold micro filtered) so i guess this is a high quality protein
    and not a low grade bulk?????

Thread Information