TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone tried True Protein?

Has anyone tried DC's line of Protein.... www.trueprotein.com ? I really like the concept of creating your own mix of protein and the wide array of flavor choices I'm just curious who has tried what protein and what flavors.

eacman65 is offline Member
    never tried it i will have to check it out

To the top

Needles33 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Has anyone tried DC's line of Protein.... www.trueprotein.com ? I really like the concept of creating your own mix of protein and the wide array of flavor choices I'm just curious who has tried what protein and what flavors.
    Just bought 50lbs for $140! This site rules! You get to pick your sweetner, your kind of protein, and like a list of 15 flavors! The chocolate is the bomb!

hmm sounds like a pretty good deal, i like all the options on the site

Quote Originally Posted by Needles33
    Just bought 50lbs for $140! This site rules! You get to pick your sweetner, your kind of protein, and like a list of 15 flavors! The chocolate is the bomb!
    what kind of protein was it? concentrate, isolate, etc??

I just ordered 6lbs and 6 different flavors all sweetened with Splenda. I ordered 3lbs of casein and 3lbs of Whey Isolate. I will update the board on the flavors when they arrive. This holiday weekend has messed with my shipments thats for sure.

would appreciate some updates

Ok i finally received my shipment of True Protein. I am a little disappointed that it took 10 days to receive but I guess it is a customized formula that takes a little longer to make than having things premade. As I said I ordered 6 1lb bags of protein (3WPI and 3 CalCas). Surprisingly the protein came in plastic bags (much like 1fast400's maltodextrin). I had assumed they would come in small 1lb tubs, however, that wasnt the case. I tried the WPI Root Beer with my PWO (80g Dex) and it was about a 6.5 on a 10 scale. You can taste the Root Beer however it is a bit on the light side. A little like those old bottle cap candies they used to have in the 80's. If the root beer flavor would have been stronger it would have received a much higher rating. I will be trying the Kiwi CC here at bedtime so I will make an update soon. Tomorrow's PWO will include Lemonade WPI. I think this thread could help a lot of people considering using True Protein.

Wow I will be the first to say that Calcium Caseinate from True Protein is DISGUSTING!! I put the usual 12oz of water in my shaker and two scoops and it literally turned to pudding. It took 20+ oz of water to make it a liquid finally. The taste of this Kiwi (if thats what you want to call it) is somewhere close to a 2 on a 10 scale. This doesnt even remotely taste like kiwi. All I can say is I am glad I only ordered 1lb of this flavor. I know why caseinate is so slow digesting, it's so freaking thick!!!!

I tried two more flavors today. Lemonade and Watermelon. I mixed the lemonade WPI with Crystal Light Lemonade and it wasnt too bad. Again it didnt have near the strength of taste one would prefer but it wasnt too bad mixing it with CL 6 on a 10 scale. I went with the watermelon PWO again with 80g Dex which actually was the most flavorful of the group thus far. It tastes a little like watermelon that isnt quite as red as you would like. You know like the whitish colored pieces of watermelon. The ones that dont have all the flavor but still resemble watermelon to some degree. I will give it a 7 just for being better than the lemonade. Thus far it doesnt compare in taste to ATW's strawberry, ON's Chocolate/Mint, Pro-rated Strawberry/banana which rank as my favorite choices.

I highly recommend NOT purchasing Calcium Caseinate powder from TrueProtein if taste is one of your goals. Even on christmas I wouldnt give these powders anything higher than a 2 on a 10 scale. There is absolutely zero flavor to these powders. If it weren't for crystal light I would hate drinking this sh1t more than I do already. I am so glad I only purchased 3lbs of CC. I am supposedly drinking Mixed Berry however it doesnt taste even the slightest like mixed berry. Definetly a major let down in the line of products from TrueProtein! I will go back to ATW and ON that is a guarentee.

Calcium Caseinate possesses a very clean bland taste. The mouth
    texture is very smooth and is easily mixed in a shaker or blender.
    Taken from TureProtein.com. This couldnt be any further from the truth. When mixed with 12oz of water it turns to a paste not a shake.

I seem to be the only one concerned with true protein at the moment but I am sure that someone will be looking for product reviews down the road so I will continue with my analysis. I emailed the company last night while sipping my caseinate shake and received a response today from TrueProtein.

i am sorry to hear you are having troubles with our products. for the
    calcium caseinate, i am not sure if you have ever had pure calcium caseinate
    before or any other casein product, but they do not mix like a whey protein.
    they do possess a chalky mouth feel, this is normal. and as well, they do
    possess some natural flavor. i don't know if i would equate it with urine, but
    none the less it does have a taste.

as for the flavors or lack there of. we find it very hard to find a happy
    medium when it comes to strength of our flavors. we have had people say our products taste too strong and other say it tastes too weak. the problem is some use 1 scoop others use 5 or 6 scoops per shaker cup, so you see the problem.

customer service and product quality are #1 in our book. i can assure you, even though you are having problems with our flavor, our products are top
    notch and are of the highest quality. we made a choice when we started this
    venture, to take quality of product over taste of product any day. we feel
    results are of greater importance then taste.

unlike many of the companies in the bodybuilding industry for which you compared us to, we are willing to render the situation, instead of ignore it, like many others out there would. here is what i can do for you. in a few weeks we are going to be releasing a product called flavor packs, where basically the flavor is premixed with sweetner, etc. this allows the user/customer to adjust the strength of the flavor/sweetener easily. if you would like i can send you out tomorrow (7.14.04), a flavor pack for the following flavors (these are the ones you ordered) wildberry, pineapple, kiwi, watermelon, lemonade, and root beer. each one of these packs will flavor up to 10-15lbs of protein. i will also send you out a few lb sample of our wpi ion-exchange for you to taste. this product is absolutly the highest quality and has little to no taste.

please get back to us if this offer is sufficient for your needs.

thanks,
    doug
    I must admit that this customer service response was top notch. If indeed these flavor packs are all they are cracked up to be then TrueProtein could be a force to be reckon with in the protein industry because of their selection, customization, and customer service. I will most certainly keep this thread updated to allow others to see my results whether good or bad. But at this stage in the game I am impressed with TP's willingness to rectify the situation. Quality has never been a question for me as far as TP's products are concerned. I am quite sure that DC's main goal is quality in his products which makes me at ease when using his powders.

thanks for the review

LM1332 Guest
    Yea chosen thats the problem here like i had a friend who used a similar copy he buys just pure protein powder and mixes it on his own but even he said that tastes are not that great but you cant beat the price

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey ChosenOne,

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to add my own experiences to the review. I just ordered 3 custom mixes from trueprotein.com:

PWO Mix
    100% whey protein ion exchange
    sucralose

Betagen Imposter Mix
    45% creatine
    22% l-glutamine
    22% glutamine peptides
    11% taurine
    sucralose

Carb Mix
    50% dextrose
    50% maltodextrin

Notice I added sucralose to both my PWO Mix and my Betagen Imposter mix, but I did not get any flavoring for them.

Taste Test 1 - 25g pure whey isolate ion exchange
    I mixed it with a cup of water. To my disappointment, it did NOT mix clear, but turned a cloudy milky white. On the upside, it had the consistency of water still. On the downside, it tasted like water...I could barely taste the sucralose in it. I added raspberry Koolaid which turned it into this disgusting looking, milky red color. Now it was bitter as hell, there wasn't nearly enough sucralose to sweeten the Koolaid. I added a ton of extra Splenda myself and it tasted OK. I'd say 5 or 6 because it didn't taste bad, it was just pretty bland. I had a hard time getting over the way it looked though...milky red. If it actually looked like Koolaid, I would rate it a 9.

Taste Test 2 - 50g whey protein isolate 50g Carb Mix
    Better, the Carb Mix actually sweetened it so I didn't have to put so much of my own Splenda into it.

I have yet to try the Betagen Imposter Mix.

P.S. Betagen HP is now down to $40 for 2 lbs. My trueprotein.com Betagen Imposter Mix cost $45 for 2 lbs. I don't think I'm going to stray from Betagen anymore...taste too **** good and is now cheaper than a custom mix.

P.S.S. I already use EAS Myoplex Ready to Drink for my daytime protein drink. All I really need is a PWO shake, which for me is just whey isolate + dextrose + maltodextrin. Syntrax Nectar (fuzzy naval flavor) is pure whey isolate and it tastes **** good. Sure it is couple of bucks more expensive, but I don't mind paying that for something that I know tastes good. I guess the only thing I really need from trueprotein.com is dextrose/maltodextrin. Too bad, I was very excited when I first found out about trueprotein.com...=/

Update:

My Betagen Imposter Mix is gross. I think the glutamine peptides have a bitter/bad taste to them. I'm going to stick to Betagen since it is so cheap now.

I've also decided I'm going to stick with Syntrax Nectar for pure whey isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Update:

My Betagen Imposter Mix is gross. I think the glutamine peptides have a bitter/bad taste to them. I'm going to stick to Betagen since it is so cheap now.

I've also decided I'm going to stick with Syntrax Nectar for pure whey isolate.
    Yeh I'm not really impressed at all with their flavoring. I have some of their chocolate that I am drinking now and its not too bad really. I like it better than ATW.

Wellcum is offline New Member
    Anyword to back the reputation of trueprotein? I mean how do you know the product has the ingredient claimed on the label and/or not tempered with something else. Thanks.

Angelis is offline Banned
    bump... I was just asking about this company a few days ago it got deleted or disaperaed. while I was looking for it I found this... so TP is a go or no go on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    bump... I was just asking about this company a few days ago it got deleted or disaperaed. while I was looking for it I found this... so TP is a go or no go on quality.
    I use them now actually for all of my protein. I have learned not to mess with customized flavors though. Their chocolate is good. I get their chocolate WPI, and a customized blend of WPI, Egg, Micellar Casein. Its not bad but the casein makes it a little thick. I just add some splenda to it and throw it down that way. They are a little slow but their products seem to be top notch.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Thanks bro

Thread Information