bullet57 is offline New Member

Complex Carbohydrates?

what are some good complex carbohydrates, and when should i consume them. i hear not to eat carbs for dinner.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, bananas, and lots more. I eat them throughout the day, but especially after a workout. As far as carbs for dinner, you have to eat some but how much depends on what you are trying to acheive. What are your goals?

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    when it comes to carbs the sky is the limit as far as opinions go. Heres the basics as i see them. One should eat between 1.5-3 g of carbs per lb of body weight. The sources should come from complex unrefined foods: such as whole grain wheat bread, oatmeal (old fashion) brown rice, pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes. Some people choose to limit there carbs as the day goes on to allow there body to deplete sugar and tap into fat storage.

gorilla

carbs

Im trying to gain weight, but no fat, just muscle

carbs

what do you think about carb drinks,, and what ones are good and when should they be takin

primodonna is offline Female Member
    carb drinks...depends on what kind really

but you need to take in simple carbs immediately after training....dextrose/maltodextrin are best...don't know how much you weigh so i can't give you a number range on that
    What happens here, stays here

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member

Re: carbs

Originally posted by bullet57
    Im trying to gain weight, but no fat, just muscle
    Haha, that's what everyone wants but it comes at a cost. If you are not willing to put on any fat at all, you will not reach optimum efficentcy for putting on muscle. The result, slower muscle gains.

anyway some good complex carbs -
    Potato's, pasta, rice, wheat bread (or any whole grain bread), oats. However, both pasta and potato's have a high glutamic (i know i spelled it wrong) index, which will make it easier to put on fat.

The only time a meal should not have complex carbs is before you go to bed. But if you are not willing to put on any fat, you might want to limit them.

High carb + high protein = lots of muscle and fat
    low carb + high protein = some muscle and little fat

For a while my training when no where, then i started eating lots of carbs w/ my protein and BOOM!!! My strength and weight shot up.

Thread Information