BigErn is offline Junior Member

Transepidermal Fat Loss -- What do you guys think?

Personally, I've never found transepidermal fat loss products to be so promising, but upon doing some research today, I found the following that I thought I might bring to light for anybody who might like to contribute to the issue:

"A second, more indirect, mechanism by which Yohimbine can aid lipolysis via the adrenergic system is by increasing peripheral blood flow (11, 12). Adipose tissue is known to have rather poor vascularity. When triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol during lipolysis, they must also be transported away from the fat cell or they risk being reincorporated into adipose tissue. Beta receptor activation causes vasodilation, thus increasing blood flow, however, it does not increase enough to remove all of the free fatty acids released during lipolysis (13). Alpha 1 and 2 receptor activation, on the other hand, causes a decrease in blood flow (4, 14). Thus, antagonism of the alpha 2 receptor with yohimbine would be expected to increase blood flow, and thus increase the mobilization and disposal of these FFA's, further aiding fat loss. And, again, the more we can get in the adipose tissue without it reaching the heart and CNS, the better."

(taken from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par6.htm)

Awhile back, when I never really took the time to research such supplements, I purchased "Cutting Gel" just to see if it would work....well low and behold it was a waste of 45 bucks. I am, of course, very skeptical on the actual success accompanied with using such products, but am making this post to see what a more knowledgable data base may yeild for answers. I'm just looking for some input guys, and maybe a little board discussion, I know this isnt gear related but it interests me nonetheless. IMO, spot fat loss is BS, unless somebody can convince me otherwise; I'm one to believe a strict regimen of diet and exercise can only actually decrease %bf (with spot reduction being impossible). Thanks guys, I'm lookin forward to hearing from you.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I've heard of people getting good results from yohimburn, but i personally would rather go with a good diet and cardio routine to lose fat everywhere instead of just one spot when im using some product.

BigErn is offline Junior Member
    Agreed. Ive heard good stuff about Yohimburn as well, but I'm still not convinced

Diet, Diet, Diet

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I'm skeptical about any of the transdermal fat loss products.

L-carnatine is offline Banned
    im givng on a try just now i recieved it today ill give you the feed back on about 1-2 weeks it claims it works but aobviously you got to use it and do cardio and have a good diet just like everything else this transdermal is just a plus always remember that. its called ab-solution extreme cuts or somethinglike that its the second top seller the first top seller was to expensive so i just got the second same crap probably but w/e ill let you know tho

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Yohimburn by AF Store and Lipoderm by Avant Labs both work well for mobilizing stubborn fat. But, they only work if diet and training are in check and your in a caloric deficit. I myself used Lipoderm Ultra when dieting, and had good results on my lower back, which always is the last to go, and I seem to lose muscle if I diet too long, with 4 weeks of Lipoderm Ultra in conjunction with my TKD, I was able to get my lower back dialed in without having to diet for too long. My GF uses it on her thighs, which is a trouble spot. They help increase blood flow to the area, which is the key to losing stubborn bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I'm skeptical about any of the transdermal fat loss products.

given that "cutting gel" is the most returned item in GNC history some skepticism is warranted. It was a poor formulation, that really was only a weak topical diuretic. But extremely cheap to make and thus with a huge advertising budget.

Topical yohimbine formulations, like yohimburn and others, can be very effective in tissues that are A2 adrenoceptor rich. it is the presence of A2 receptors that makes fat "stubborn", high A2 ratio= blunted lipolysis which topical yohimbine addresses by blocking the A2 (essentially removing the "brakes" on fat loss). Other ingredients also aid in fatty acid mobilization as does the yohimbine itself (blocking the A2 actually increases norepinephrine release- not just stopping the down regulation of its release)- (which is what agonism of the A2(usually by the same lipolytic adrenergic- NE) does- its stops the release on NE from the nerve terminals)

Thread Information