Thread: green tea ?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

green tea ?

if i want to take green tea in liquid form, (tea bag) how long before cardio should i take it, how many times a day should i take it, and at what dose or amount of tea bags. thanks. i am 200 pounds, about 13% bf down from about 20% bf and did that without out the help of any supps or therm's. now is the time for assistance i guess. thanks in advance

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Bro, drinking a few cups during the day should help you out, you can drink it cold if you want to, or just buy green tea extract...
    I don't personally see how it would really matter (the time b4 your cardio)... maybe that's just me...
    What you can do is buy some powders, and cap them.... (green tea, taurine, caffeine, yohimbine)...
    There are a few bro's on the board who really like that stack....

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Timing really wont matter as long as you take it throughout the day. When Im trying to lean out, I usually brew 9 bags of GT, then pour it into a gallon jug and add a couple pakcets of crystal light. I just drink it throughout the day, so not only do I get a gallon of water in, I also get a steady supply of GT.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I prefer the capsules. Just my opinion, I have done both. Teas you have to drink so much or you can take a capsule that has 12 cups worth of the ingredient you want. I also stay away from tea becuase it stains your teeth.

cool guys. aright, 2 more questions

-is it in my head or do i really notice its effects fairly quickly.(feeling warmer and sweaty) from 1 cup with a couple bags

-does it take away from creatine water retention? enough to cause strength loss?
    Last edited by IronReload04; 02-19-2005 at 11:21 AM.

sp9
    Swiss researchers even have preliminary evidence that green tea accelerates the burning of fat calories in people who are overweight. A small but interesting 1999 study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported increased energy expenditure and fat oxidation in men who took a green tea extract as opposed to a placebo or caffeine alone.

Check this out when you have a minute:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...,10032,00.html

Special tips: --Green tea capsules provide a more potent antioxidant effect than a cup of green tea: Green tea leaf is 8% to12% polyphenols (the key antioxidants) while the capsules can contain anywhere from 50% to 90% polyphenols, depending on the brand.

--To get an adequate amount of polyphenols, you need three to four cups of green tea a day or 100 mg of the extract in capsule form. What you do is largely a matter of personal taste. If you want to make green tea your mealtime beverage (as they do in Japan), then obviously you don't need to take extract capsules. If you drink just one cup a day, you're better off with a capsule.

I take a 2 quart container and fill it up with water, ice, and about 4-5 bags of green tea. I usually drink this from about morning until afternoon. For me, I can definitely tell the differerence. Makes me much hotter and the next day it looks as if it's drawn water from my stomach or something. I love green tea.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i like the taste of green tea so i drink one cup a day for pure pleasure. if your relying on green tea to lose weight you need to re-evaluate your diet and cardio JMHO

its a thermogenic dude

basically, right now, my biggest question is will it take away enough creatine water retention to take strength away? assuming caffeine is in it

I dont think anyone is relying on it

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    basically, right now, my biggest question is will it take away enough creatine water retention to take strength away? assuming caffeine is in it
    no...besides, the affect caffiene has on creatine is overblown.

sp9
    resent studies show caffeine does not have the high de-hydration effects that we once considered factual.

aright, so tonight was the first night of my second rotation after my first cruise. . its been almost a week since i started green tea. its really helping me to loose weight quick. i came in at what seemed to be about 5-8 pounds lighter and lookin way leaner, to the point of other people telling me so.

from here, i started doing my warmup sets on the bench. it felt really awkward like i had lost water retention or somthing. it seemed like i had a harder time supporting the weight. however, my muscles felt extra snappy or springy and the warmup reps seemed really easy. i ended up matching my best from my first and previous blast. so, all is cool. i guess caffeine may not have effected me much. but who is to say i would have gotten maybe another rep had i not been taking a dieretic?

Thread Information