Aggression is offline Member

Dextrose before bed?

I posted this on the diet board and I'll ask you fellas as well.

I heard that yoiu should take Dextrose with your protein shake after lifting. What about cardio? I did a search and in plenty of the posts it says you don't need it after cardio. Is that true?

Also 2 questions:

1) Sometimes I workout late and my post workout shake is right before bedtime. Is it good to take Dextrose with my post workout shake even though it's right before I go to sleep?

2) Days you don't workout is it pretty much useless to take Dextrose? If you take it days you don't workout, will you pretty much get fat?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    1) Sometimes I workout late and my post workout shake is right before bedtime. Is it good to take Dextrose with my post workout shake even though it's right before I go to sleep?

2) Days you don't workout is it pretty much useless to take Dextrose? If you take it days you don't workout, will you pretty much get fat?
    1) Yes it is best to get carbs in after a workout even if it your last meal before bed, but you should really try to get another meal in before bed to prevent muscle breakdown over night, i.e. whole food, pro/fat meal, etc.

2) You can take it at your first meal if you are using it for creatine transport, but if you aren't taking creatine, then yes it would be useless.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You don't take dextrose on days you don't workout.

You don't need dextrose after fat burning cardio. Because you should not be using any muscle glycogen while doing this kind of cardio, the cardio should not be strenuous on your muscles to the point of using muscle glycogen for food.

Its fine to take it right before bed, its not gonna turn into fat its all going straight to your muscles, because they need it badly after working out hard.

Thread Information