Eddie8 is offline Associate Member

Amino Acid Pills

About 20 years ago I did my first cycle. At the time the guys in the gym were taking amino acid pills to make sure they were getting enough protein. They were supposed to be pre digested and you were getting just the amino acids after they were broken down. At the time I thought that they didn’t have any calories...like you were taking vitamins. All of the amino acid tablets I have found on the market today have calories. Is something different about the products available today or did the ones I took 20 years ago have calories too, and we just didn’t know it?

of course they have calories!
    Calories is a energyunit

1 calorie = 4,2 Joule
    1 kilocalorie (1000 calories) = 4,2 Kilojoule (KJ) (4200 Joule)

Nutrients
    1 gram fat = 34 KJ
    1 gram alcohol = 17 KJ
    1 gram carbohydrate = 17 KJ
    1 gram protein = 17 KJ

Aminoacids are the fabric stones of a protein so offcourse they contain calories!

Greets
    Kingofmasters

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Even vitamins have colories in them. I remember the big horse pills they called aminos back then. They had calories in them also. They also weren't worth much of anything. You need to find a good branched chain amino acid now a days. Not just good for protein (aminos are partial proteins), but good to have all of the aminos your body needs in order to build muscle and what ever else it needs.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I looked at a can of my mom's diet caffiene free pepsi, colored water, and it said it didnt have any calories. The only thing that wasnt zero on the nutrition facts was sodium, like 40mg or sumthin. You cant have zero calories for something, the body has to break it down unless it goes in as pepsi and comes out as pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I looked at a can of my mom's diet caffiene free pepsi, colored water, and it said it didnt have any calories. The only thing that wasnt zero on the nutrition facts was sodium, like 40mg or sumthin. You cant have zero calories for something, the body has to break it down unless it goes in as pepsi and comes out as pepsi.
    Why can't it be ZERO calories?
    Water is zero calories!
    And most sweeteners are zero calories..
    Pepsi and Coca Cola just put on the bottle 1Kilocalorie for legal purposes.

Only things that contain calories (not Kilojoules) are alcohol, fat, protein, and sweeteners (even some synthetic once like Xylitol)

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Thread Information