AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Grape Seed Extract and Saw Palmetto

Whats up, trying to get all my supplements in line for my upcoming bulker and Ill take Grape Seed for the liver along with milk thistle 1000mg/day and Saw Palmetto for hair, but I dont know the dosages on these two. Thanks

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    saw palmetto 1500mg/day. 500mg in the morning and 1000 mg before bed. not sure about grape seed thou

what does your cycle look like? if you're taking dbol I'd suggest starting the milk thistle once you've used it up and not taking it from day one. but its up to you

Yeah its 1-12 Test E and 1-4 Dbol ... so I should start milk AFTER the dbol? During would make more sense to me...

I had the same question about a week ago. NSA said it best...

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    There have been reports that show that milk thistle can dilute the effects of methylated compounds. My suggestion would be start the milk thistle day after the dbol is done.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=110434

So in other words taking milk thistle on dbol may lessen its effects.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well there were no actual reports, it was someones theory. Milk thistle protects your liver from damage. It is best taken before, during and after a cycle aka year round.

This was created by me but it is 100% accurate.

Milk Thistle

Phytochemicals: Apigenin, beta-carotene, fumaric acid, kaempferol, naringenin, quercetin, silandrin, silybin, silychristin, silydianin, silymarin, silymonin, and taxifolin.

Nutrients: Calcium, fatty acids, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, and zinc.

Protects the liver from toxins by preventing free radical damage and stimulates the production of new liver cells. Also protects the kidneys. Good for gallbladder and adrenal disorders, inflammatory bowel disorders, psoriasis, weakened immune system, and all liver disorders. Has shown anti-cancer effects against prostate cancer and breast cancer.

Silymarin

Extracted from the seeds of the herb milk thistle, silymarin has been used for centuries to treat liver disease. The active ingredients in Milk Thistle are several types of flavonoids known as silymarin. Silymarin guards the liver from oxidative damage. It also protects the liver from drugs, toxins, and the effects of alcohol, and promotes the growth of new liver cells. In addition silymarin increases the levels of glutathione, a potent antioxidant enzyme produced in the liver.

Recommended dosage: 1000mg (80% Silymarin ED) on and off cycle.

everything just seems to contradict everything with steroids

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    everything just seems to contradict everything with steroids
    Always ask for scietific evidence. It's easy to make stuff up watch.

There are studies in Europe saying protein shakes interfere with oral AAS absorbtion.

Thanks dudes... bump for help with Grape Seed Extract

I'll write a grapeseed profile for you, let me dig out my books.

cool loz. I'd like to hear this also.

Grapeseed extract is an essential fatty acid so I will discuss those first then Grape seed oil.

EFA's
    Fatty acids are the building blocks in which fats and oils are composed. The fatty acids that are necassary for health and cannot be made by the body are called essential fatty acids. EFA's must be supplied through the diet.

Essential fatty acids have desirable effects on many disorders. They improve the skin and hair, reduce blood pressure, aid in the prevention of arthritis, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and reduce the risk of blood clot formation. They are beneficial for candidiasis, cardiovascular disease, eczema, and psoriasis. Found in high concentrations in the brain, EFA's aid in the transmission of nerve impulses and are needed for the normal development and functioning of the brain. A deficiency of essential fatty acids can lead to a decreased ability to learn and recall information.

Every living cell in the body needs EFA's. They are essential to rebuilding and producing new cells. EFA's are also used by the body to produce prostagladins, hormone-like substances that act as chemical messengers and regulators of various body processes.

There are 2 basic categories of EFA's, designated omega-3 and omega-6, based on there chemical structures. Omega-3 EFA's, including alpha-linolenic and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), are found in deep water fish, fish oil, and certain vegatable oils, among them canola, flaxseed, and walnut oil. Omega-6 EFA's, which include linoleic and gamma-linolenic acids, are found primarily in raw nuts, seeds, and legumes, and in unsaturated vegatable oils such as borage, grapeseed, sesame, and soybean oils. In order to supply these EFA's they must be in pure liquid or supplement form and must not be subjected to heat either in processing or cooking. Heat destroys EFAs. Worse it creates dangerous free radicals.

The daily requirement of EFA's is satisfied by an amount equivalent to 10 to 20 percent of your total caloric intake. The most essential EFA is linoleic acid.

Grapeseed Oil
    Of the many natural sources of EFA's grapeseed oil is the highest in linoleic acid and among the lowest in saturated fats. It contains no cholesterol and no sodium. Unlike other oils it can be heated to temperatures up to 485F without producing dangerous and carcinogenic free radicals.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    The study on Milk Thistle shows that it acts at the androgen receptor in the prostate to block the absorption of DHT. Some would say this means that it will decrease the number of available receptors while on cycle. Keep in mind though that the study was not done to show the effect of Milk Thistle on people using steriods , so any opinions about that scenario developed by referencing this study are just those, opinions. It may very well block receptors to some degree, but I have no doubt in my mind that people on D-Bol and Silymarin at the same time still make gains. My personal choice would be to use it during your cycle as well as PCT, but again, that is only an opinion.

Thread Information