Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member

Mexican uņa de gato

I'm taking two/three (2-3) quarts of Cat Claw tea every day. I'm in DAY TWO. Does anyone have any first hand experience with fresh Mexican uņa de gato Cat Claw ? I brew a length of woody vine a bit larger than the size of a ball point pen per quart. It yields a smooth, green/yellow tea with a hint of carmel color. I have experienced measurable anti-inflammatory results already. Anyone else doing Cat Claw ? It is a Mexican variety and I am monitoring myself for toxic side effects.

Key Actions

Cat's Claw
    anti-inflammatory
    antiviral
    anti-hypertensive
    decreases dopamine levels
    inhibits platelet aggregation
    increases serotonin
    inhibits tumor growth
    some contraceptive effects
    stimulates the immune system

http://www.innvista.com/health/herbs/catsclaw.htm

The Mexican variety as compared with the Amazonian variety clearly does have some toxic properties and headache can be an early warning sign.

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    Isnt it a herb that they are testing on aids and cancer patients or summit,i remember reading something about it.

Adam, yes. I believe you are right. I believe IMMUNE ENHANCEMENT testing is with the Amazonian rain forest CAT CLAW. The Arid Mexican Cat Claw I am using DOES have TOXIC properties. I have scaled-back to about 16oz per day because I was experiencing headache and internal organ discomfort (deep mid-thorax pain sufficient to wake me).
    I do know that this Mexican Cat Claw is able to reduce swelling and is great for jungle rot/trench foot. It can be ingested or used topically. I think it would make a great topical gel-- fillet an aloe leaf and mix the aloe gel with Cat Claw tea reduction. I will try it.

Thread Information