iNvid is offline Senior Member

****delete

****delete
    Last edited by iNvid; 01-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Drink alot of water, 1-2 gallons a day and youll be in like flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Drink alot of water, 1-2 gallons a day and youll be in like flynn.
    Yeah I know about the water intake. But does it damage the kidney without water?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You could get a creatine stone in your liver if you don't drink alot of water. Why would you want to risk it by not dirnking alot of water?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i was taking it back in the day when it was cool to load up on creatine and under the impression more was better.
    i did not drink water like i was suppose to, lucky if i had 3 glasses aday , and i never had any kidney problems . lucky i guess

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i take that back i had maybe 5 glasses aday only cause i was mixing
    creatine in it .

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    You could get a creatine stone in your liver if you don't drink alot of water. Why would you want to risk it by not dirnking alot of water?
    I'm taking water for sure. I was just wondering on this topic.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    whoever stated that on the site you found on yahoo is a ****ing moron. no studies have shown creatine causing kidney damage. there have been some case reports concerning it but larger studies have shown creatine safe on the kidneys especially in the short-term. second, i don't ever remember learning that creatinine is bound to calcium. third, even if it did, how the hell would "creatinine calcium" ever convert to calcium oxalate. the person that posted that has no idea what they're talking about.

could long-term supplementation cause problems? perhaps. but there is enough data suggesting that creatine is safe for short-term use. but as with everything else you take, you have to listen to your own body. just like there are people that experience angioedema when taking ACE-inhibitors, there could be some people who's kidneys may not be able to withstand the extra load of creatinine but these are probably few and far between.

just for my own information, could you give me the site you found that on or perhaps the link?

nsa
    Chill out bud. Thats not a good way to start here at AR.

And continued creatine use without enough water can cause a calcium stone. I know this from watching my freind do just that.

How many studies have you seen of subjects taking creatine at 5+ grams ED for a year or so without drinking ample water?

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    I have had a kidney stone during the same time i was taking creatine. I believe it was from slacking on the water intake that week. The nurse said after my urine and blood tests ,that my creatinine (byproduct of creatine) levels were extremely high. It was no fun at all. I never had any kidney difficulty before that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinista63
    whoever stated that on the site you found on yahoo is a ****ing moron. no studies have shown creatine causing kidney damage. there have been some case reports concerning it but larger studies have shown creatine safe on the kidneys especially in the short-term. second, i don't ever remember learning that creatinine is bound to calcium. third, even if it did, how the hell would "creatinine calcium" ever convert to calcium oxalate. the person that posted that has no idea what they're talking about.

could long-term supplementation cause problems? perhaps. but there is enough data suggesting that creatine is safe for short-term use. but as with everything else you take, you have to listen to your own body. just like there are people that experience angioedema when taking ACE-inhibitors, there could be some people who's kidneys may not be able to withstand the extra load of creatinine but these are probably few and far between.

just for my own information, could you give me the site you found that on or perhaps the link?
    Relax. Check your pms for the link. If anyone else is interested in the link, pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinista63

unless you have had a kidney stone yourself , you do not know what you are tallking about. Kidneys are not meant to process excessive amounts of creatine.

nsa
    Kidneys can handle a good amount of creatine(5-10 grams) for a long time without any problems, provided you are drinking enough water. If not then you could run into problemswith stones. But most cycle creatine because its effects are less significant after a while of use at the same dose.

Quake is offline Member
    I was taking creatine a little while back, you may remember some threads about gagging on food whilst eating, having to force it down as the body was rejecting it. Well, I couldn't figure out what the problem was, then one morning I forgot to take my creatine before going to work. I noticed I felt a little better eating that day but did not make a connection. When I got home in the evening I immediately took my creatine (5g) and within half an hour I was feeling sick again, exactly as I had been for the previous weeks. I was also taking Kelp at the time, but had stopped taking it a few days before this happened and that too made a difference, but the "core" feeling I had been experiencing subsided when I stopped taking the creatine. If you start having problems eating within a few weeks of starting to take it, rest assured it will be the creatine.

I've still got about 400g's of the stuff. Anyone want it?

What really sux is when it binds up in the instestinal track cause cramping which ,in turn, could be what happened to you quake. I am not bashing crea' just offering the sides no one seems to talk about. It has good benefits too , no doubt.

Quake is offline Member
    I had a few cramping episodes whilst on it, but have had worse when not on it in fairness. Cramping is one of the sides I was aware of before taking it. To be honest, I never did like the stuff. In the past I have felt my workouts have not been as good whilst taking creatine. In saying that I have read a lot of write ups on creatine which suggest it's effects greatly vary with who's product you are using. Apparently, according to these write ups, there is good creatine and there is bad creatine, be careful whiah brand you use.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sore24/7
    unless you have had a kidney stone yourself , you do not know what you are tallking about. Kidneys are not meant to process excessive amounts of creatine.
    strange... most of the nephrologists i've worked with never had a kidney stone themselves but they seemed to have no problem successfully treating patients with them. do i know how much passing a kidney stone hurts? no. and i realize that and i would never question how much pain a patient is in especially after i've seen the amounts of painkillers i've had to give some of them. my post was just stating that the information that invid found was not based on science.

Thread Information