Phatmax53 is offline Junior Member

need some suggestions on what supplements may bro in law should use...

he is around 5'10 225 45yrs old ... i just got him back into lifting with me and i suggested he get some type of supplement to help his muscle repair and grow better...

so any help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance...

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I personally take Juven. That's really the only thing I need. Costs about $160 per month and you can get it from any pharmacy (they normally have to order it for you). It's a pharmacutical grade suppliment. If you don't want to go that route, you can try HMB or ZMA. In either case, a good protein has to be added for post workout and about 1gram per pound per day on non working days. If that 225lbs is already mainly muscle, then he should go for 2grams per pound per day on non working days and a little more than that on working days. At 45 I would have him go to the doctor first to get an ECG and check his kidney functioning first. If you have two functioning kidneys, that amount of protein is no problem, but if you only have one functioning kidney, that much protein can be a little too stressful on it. At that age a lot of people only have partial kidney function and don't even know it. The Juven is not a whole protein, so that's not a concern with that suppliment, but some doctors and even pharmacists think that Juven is a complete protein so you have to point out that it isn't if you do decide to ask a doctor about it. His doctor can even give him a prescription for the Juven and he won't have to pay for it as long as his insurance covers it. HMB and ZMA have different effects on different people. Most people don't really see much of a difference with either one. You can look into Glutamine also. But you have to try to find some sort of branched Glutamine and not L-Glutamine, which is the free form amino acid. The free form amino acid gets used up mainly by the digestive system and promotes digestive health. You have to take a whole lot of it for any of it to actually make it into your blood, but when it does make it to your blood, it works pretty well.

thanks for the response... but i think hes lookin for something he can pick up at GNC...
    if there and some types anyone has had good results from let me know...

thanks...

bump for more help

dogsofwar is offline Member
    IMHO, M1T is the real, legal deal. See nsa's faq (which also includes 1-androstenediol). I am doing a cycle now and VERY pleased with the results. You indicated "muscle repair" and "grow better". That is exactly what these (and any other steroid ) were made for. Good to know that we have such a diverse group here when it comes to age. Good luck and good training. ~dow

Stuff you get at GNC normally isn't all that strong/potent. The smaller stores usually have better stuff.

Afterthought......... You can speak to a pharmacist and get pharmacy grade suppliments, which are normally even stronger than the wonder drugs like M1T, plus they're a lot better controled for the most part (as far as manufaturing process).

i think he wants to take some creatine, glutamine, and protein... he will probably get it from GNC cause he doesnt want to wait...

Those three are good, just don't expect any huge difference too fast. I think that's where a lot of people get fed up with products like that. They expect a really fast change, but with those products, the change is gradual.

Thread Information