dannyisaacs is offline Member

bcaa wats up with this

hey guys i am trying to get bcaa brain chain amino acid. i went to my health shop an asked them for it an they looked at me like i am crasy. wat do i ask for just amino acids.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    You can just ask for amino acids and then just read the bottles to see if they are free form or branch chained. It usually says it pretty clearly on the bottle.

Welcome to the world of retail. Most of us already know that the average person that works in these health stores know little to nothing about what they're selling. You will come accross the ocasional person that knows what they're talking about, but they are far and few in-between.

cb25 is offline Banned
    DB said it...welcome to the world of retail, where the "nutrition counselors" are trained to regurgitate a sales pitch for what their company is selling that month...but not do any real thinking or give good advice. Like he said though...every once in awhile you get lucky and come across someone who has the faintest clue of what they're doing.

If they have a product that is specifically BCAA's, it should say it on the labe. If you want to be real specific, you're looking for a product with leucine, isoleucine and valine (those are the 3 BCAA's). Whey protein by itself will have a good source of BCAA's in the context of a protein. If you're looking to specifically supplement BCAAs in there as free-form AAs, it'll get a little harder to find and more expensive.

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    thanks a mill for your help guys.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    No problem.

Thread Information