hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

kent nutrition question

sup guys i have some kent nutriition glutamine and it tastes like shiit! it is about as plain as asprin but worse.. you are not supposed to use glutamine with the protein shakes b/c they fight each other trying to absorb in the body. i tried mixing it in just water and i about gagged what can i mix it in??

bigordie is offline Member
    i do OJ or gatoraide...i dont know if you are supposed to or not but it does taste like asss...

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    i do OJ or gatoraide...i dont know if you are supposed to or not but it does taste like asss...
    more like a bucket of ass holes.. ill try that thanx

bump for more info

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    more like a bucket of ass holes.. ill try that thanx

probably a better description, why dont you try it out with grapefruit juice...that is supposed to increase absortion rate and the taste is so strong that it should neutralize the taste of the glutamine...i dont do it cause i hate grapefruit juice...good luck

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    i would buy a flavored brand, i used gnc's blue raspberry and it was actually good
    better than the flavorless crap

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    youre only taking 5g, cant you just tough it out. put it on your tongue and rinse it down with water. its not that bad!

BrundleFly is offline New Member
    i use mrm (metabolic response modifiers) glutimine. it is plain and tastes ok. 5-10 grams in 6 six onces of apple juice. try some brewers yeast in juice. now that is ass.

yeah but kent nutrition sells the glutamine and glutamine peptides alot cheaper than gnc

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    youre only taking 5g, cant you just tough it out. put it on your tongue and rinse it down with water. its not that bad!
    Ill agree that it is pretty nasty, and chalky. I may have to have a word with kent and hear his method

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Because it is peptide bound through hydrolysis, it isnt going to taste as bland as regular glutamine, it's just going to work a lot better. Hydrolyzed protein usually taste pretty bad, but thats the price we pay.

SilverBack and Big Paul at Swolecats board use it PWO and mix with their whey with great results. They recommend to use it that way. I do it also and believe I have greater recovery. Because this stuff is searching out peptide receptors, not free form amino receptors, is it possible that the "normal" rule to not mix with whey does not apply to peptide bound glutamine?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
    Because it is peptide bound through hydrolysis, it isnt going to taste as bland as regular glutamine, it's just going to work a lot better. Hydrolyzed protein usually taste pretty bad, but thats the price we pay.

SilverBack and Big Paul at Swolecats board use it PWO and mix with their whey with great results. They recommend to use it that way. I do it also and believe I have greater recovery. Because this stuff is searching out peptide receptors, not free form amino receptors, is it possible that the "normal" rule to not mix with whey does not apply to peptide bound glutamine?
    Yep, And this is from Kent: "The best way to take it is to mix it thoroughly with
    your protein powder before adding to the water. This makes it slightly more
    soluble. You do not want to add separately, or add water on top of dry
    powder. It is not as soluble, or bland tasting, as instantized protein or
    regular glutamine, but the benefits outweigh the inconvenience to most. It
    simply cannot be compared to regular glutamine powder."

Thread Information