Thread: Cla

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member

Cla

What are everyones thoughts about CLA.. do you think it works and does anyone know how much a woman should take a day?

ripped525 is offline Junior Member
    My girlfriend uses CLA "conjugated linoleic acid", its found in meat but when you cook the meat you loose alot of it. Usual dose is one pill before a meal 3x a day, and each pill should be atleast 1200mg

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped525
    My girlfriend uses CLA "conjugated linoleic acid", its found in meat but when you cook the meat you loose alot of it. Usual dose is one pill before a meal 3x a day, and each pill should be atleast 1200mg

thats what I thought but for some reason these directions say to take "one" capsule daily.. the dose is 1000mg's.

So would 3000 be too much you think?

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    3000 is no problem at all, and IMO is still underdosed. Many people take upwards of 10-12 grams of CLA per day to get the desired results. Just make sure that your CLA is from Safflower, not a safflower-sunflower blend. Also make sure you have a good % of the active isomers. Lastly, more important that how many mgs. per capsule is how much of that capsule is actually CLA. Look for 75-80%, which is what you should find in higher quality brands of CLA. There is a lot of junk CLA out there to sort through.

Thread Information