liztic is offline Junior Member

what would you recommend for newbie?

hey, i'm just getting back into the gym seriously. i just went to the store to check out supplements and the guy tried selling me everything. what would you recommend as the "mandatory"?
    i've got my diet down and am focusing on losing some weight, but also want to add some size to my arms....i know, how many times have you heard that eh!! want to lose and gain at the same time!!

i've got the protein, creatine, diet supplements (both zantrex and xenadrine), i've got andro stacks, and trib....where should i start or add?

thanks for the advice or suggestions.

at this point i'm focusing on losing as i stated, so the protein is part of the carb lowering process, the zantrex is being used as suggested. but i've laid off the creatine and androstacks..

i know the androstacks were good for lean mass, but if i'm taking both dietary supps and lean mass gainers, am i wasting money and supplements?

Vin10 is offline New Member
    also a newbie here.. so only thing I can suggest is add dextrose to your list and mix it with protein shake for your after work out drink

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Hold off on the andro, i would just go with a protein, dextrose, multivitamin and creatine for right now...

Vin10 is offline New Member
    And L Glutamine is also useful I think? I take it with the creatine.. which I ussualy take 20 min before workout, but maybe another member can correct me if thats not right

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You should be getting enough glutamine from your protein shakes...

liztic is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the tip...what benefit does the dextrose have? can creatine be mixed in with the protein shake or better mixed with a grape juice or something

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Dex causes an insulin spike in your body causing the protien in the shake to be absorbed into the muscles faster and w/ better efficiency. Creatine doesnt matter as long as it gets in your system. I usually mixed mine with either a shake or water. It doesnt disolve tho so you haffta stir or shake up the mixture and drink it while its still moving or the creatine will settle to the bottom fast.

Thread Information