big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Creatine becomes worthless in mixed shake?

I make my PWO (contains 70 grams dextrsoe, 10 grams creatine) shakes early in the day then freeze them. I thaw them out 1 hr before I hit the gym. I read somewhere that creatine sitting in water or milk will become worthless after 15 min. because it converts to something called creatinness(sp)? Anybody have any insight on this matter? Thanks!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Creatinine...

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Creatinine is bad mmmk... Just put all your powder in a shaker and take it to the gym. Then on your way out stop at the bathroom and put some water in it. MMM MMM.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    so its true?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    First time Ive heard about it. Note: Dont mix creatine with milk. Mix it with fruit juice such as cranberry.

nsa
    is it that important to post 4 times? LOL

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine and dextrose/glucose get absorbed at different rates. i believe you are supposed to take the creatine about 30 minutes before the dextrose or whichever carb you are using. by that time creatine will be able to absorbed with the dextrose.

it might be the other way around though, i cant remember lol

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    i've always heard to take them together. i remember reading one study that made the statement that when glucose is taken together with creatine, it increases the drag of creatine across receptors, allowing more creatine to be absorbed.

i think its time to do a little digging through my files to see if i can pull this one up.

nsa
    I thought that the purpose of taking creatine with glucose is to create an insulin spike to shuttle the creatine to your muscles.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    that too... thats actually the primary reason for taking it together...but i can swear i read something about increasing absorption in the gut as well

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    First time Ive heard about it. Note: Dont mix creatine with milk. Mix it with fruit juice such as cranberry.
    wrong!

fruit juice, and ESPECIALLY CRANBERRY are the last things you want to mix creatine in brotha! the lower pH of an acidic solution boosts the creatine to creatinine conversion yields and speeds the process!

Milk would be a much BETTER choice as it is closer to a neutral pH, but is a horrible choice pwo nonetheless due to the lactose slowing you digestive tract.

in other words, dont mix creatine with CRANBERRY juice, apple juice, orange juice, or ANY other acidic fruit juice. It converts to creatinine in cran juice in 17 seconds i believe it was, but dont quote me on that, as i'm not sure the exact number. i DO know it was under 30 seconds!

moush is offline Senior Member
    so what are you supposed to mix creatine in?

moush is offline Senior Member
    or with i should say

nsa
    Grape juice or gatorade.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Just use water if your worried about pH. It doesnt taste like anything, you can just feel the grit of it when its in your mouth then its gone. No big deal.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Listen bro, don't worry about it. Creatine is creatine. Mix it with whatever you want. Most creatine isn't absorbed regardless of what you do, that's the biggest market and always will be when it comes to creatine...it's absorption. Just keep things simple and don't worry too much about mixing what with what. In all honesty, it won't make a noticeable difference regardless. Just mix it with your protein shake and whatever you decide to put in it.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    wrong!

fruit juice, and ESPECIALLY CRANBERRY are the last things you want to mix creatine in brotha! the lower pH of an acidic solution boosts the creatine to creatinine conversion yields and speeds the process!

Milk would be a much BETTER choice as it is closer to a neutral pH, but is a horrible choice pwo nonetheless due to the lactose slowing you digestive tract.

in other words, dont mix creatine with CRANBERRY juice, apple juice, orange juice, or ANY other acidic fruit juice. It converts to creatinine in cran juice in 17 seconds i believe it was, but dont quote me on that, as i'm not sure the exact number. i DO know it was under 30 seconds!

I will have to check on that one.....
    Even on the directions it says mix with juice.
    Will get back to this post.

Thread Information