Aggression is offline Member

Glutamine with protein?

I asked this question on another board but maybe you guys could help as well.

Is it alright to add 2 tbsp of glutamine (10 g) to my protein shake with some flax before I go to bed? I heard glutamine competes with whey for absorbtion. I take Problend 55 which is a time release protein (it has whey and casein).

Also, if I'm taking 1-3 protein shakes a day, is it NECESSARY to use glutamine powder and BCAA caps? Am I just wasting my money by using these two?

If I were to just use the shakes, would that be an adaquate supply of glutamine and BCAA's?

Like I said I am using 1-3 shakes daily of ProBlend 55.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    There is no harm in putting glutamine in your before bed shake. But know that a good protein powder will have a fair amount of glutamine in the amino acid profile. So if your taking alot of glutamine and BCAA's while taking 3 shakes a day, you probably aren't using alot of it.

Aggression is offline Member
    So I should just stick to the shakes and don't need to go waste my money?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I wouldn't spend anymore money on it. Just finish out this rest and see how you do without it. I doubt there will be a difference.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    glutamine is best absorbed before bed and gh levels are also at there highest during sleep so if you do take it id go with before bed and is doesnt really matter to much because all amino acids build muscle. there is more glutamine in muscle tissue than all other aminos

Thread Information