Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

L-Carnitine's Fat Loss Capabilities...

I was doing some research for a few bros on MuscleNexus, and gathered some cool info about L-Carnitine....

L-carnitine transfers long-chain fatty acids, such as triglycerides into mitochondria (a cell's energy powerhouse), where they may be oxidized to produce energy. L-carnitine is a very popular supplement that promotes growth and development. It is also used for fat-burning, increasing energy, and improving resistance to muscle fatigue. As a speculated muscle disease, liver disease, and kidney disease fighter, L-carnitine has also been shown to help build muscle and treat some forms of cardiovascular disease. It is also great in dieting, as it reduces feelings of hunger and weakness.

SOURCE

A natural substance found in muscle meat that helps release stored body fat (tryglycerides) into the bloodstream for use in cellular energy production. This is believed to increase energy levels for long-term aerobic activity.

Carnitine boosts energy by stimulating the body's burning of fats (tryglycerides) as fuel. By burning fats as fuel, the body's supply of glycogen stored in the liver is spared for heavier exertion. Generally, the body will burn fat up to 75 to 80 percent of maximum exertion. After that, glycogen from carbohydrates is burned. By burning more fat and saving more glycogen, you also increase your stamina and endurance. Regular use of carnitine in high doses (2 to 4 grams per day) can boost your strength, stamina and endurance.

Carnitine is the nonessential amino acid that may provide to be an indispensable to people who want to loose weight. Carnitines's values include its ability to stimulate the body's fat for energy. Carnitine is officially classified as nonessential, because the body manufactures it from the essential amino acids lysine and methionine. however, there is evidence that we do not always manufacture all the carnitine we need. Also there is evidence that supplying additional carnitine can help stimulate the body's absolution of fat. By making more fat available to the muscles, carnitine also increases our energy supply.
    SOURCE

Just thought this might be a cool read for other youngn's (and some older bros) that don't know about it's fat-loss capibilities.......

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Interesting... Nice post

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    That is all true, however L-carnitine takes at least 6 weeks to really start showing results, and they're usually not dramatic. It also isn't very economic to use the amount needed to deliver results. Unless you are a hopeless fat ass that can't seem to lose weight, i'd say forget it. Not worth it. I have tried it many times and just found it to decrease the weight of my wallet, but that's it.

bigordie is offline Member
    good info bro, thanks

Lgarm18 is offline New Member
    I've been using injectable L-carnitine for about 4 months now and have lost 4 inches in the waist and gained roughly 1 inch in the arms, 2 inches in the chest. I've lost 19 pounds. Increases in muscle definition is obvious. 6 month supply set me back about 35.00

Quote Originally Posted by Lgarm18
    I've been using injectable L-carnitine for about 4 months now and have lost 4 inches in the waist and gained roughly 1 inch in the arms, 2 inches in the chest. I've lost 19 pounds. Increases in muscle definition is obvious. 6 month supply set me back about 35.00

thats pretty amazing, having you altered your diet/training as well? Also what other supplements are you taking?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Am I allowed to ask where from? Its legal right?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Am I allowed to ask where from? Its legal right?
    Here ya go www.expressvetproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    thats pretty amazing, having you altered your diet/training as well? Also what other supplements are you taking?

bump

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I was doing some research for a few bros on MuscleNexus, and gathered some cool info about L-Carnitine....

L-carnitine transfers long-chain fatty acids, such as triglycerides into mitochondria (a cell's energy powerhouse), where they may be oxidized to produce energy. L-carnitine is a very popular supplement that promotes growth and development. It is also used for fat-burning, increasing energy, and improving resistance to muscle fatigue. As a speculated muscle disease, liver disease, and kidney disease fighter, L-carnitine has also been shown to help build muscle and treat some forms of cardiovascular disease. It is also great in dieting, as it reduces feelings of hunger and weakness.

SOURCE

A natural substance found in muscle meat that helps release stored body fat (tryglycerides) into the bloodstream for use in cellular energy production. This is believed to increase energy levels for long-term aerobic activity.

Carnitine boosts energy by stimulating the body's burning of fats (tryglycerides) as fuel. By burning fats as fuel, the body's supply of glycogen stored in the liver is spared for heavier exertion. Generally, the body will burn fat up to 75 to 80 percent of maximum exertion. After that, glycogen from carbohydrates is burned. By burning more fat and saving more glycogen, you also increase your stamina and endurance. Regular use of carnitine in high doses (2 to 4 grams per day) can boost your strength, stamina and endurance.

Carnitine is the nonessential amino acid that may provide to be an indispensable to people who want to loose weight. Carnitines's values include its ability to stimulate the body's fat for energy. Carnitine is officially classified as nonessential, because the body manufactures it from the essential amino acids lysine and methionine. however, there is evidence that we do not always manufacture all the carnitine we need. Also there is evidence that supplying additional carnitine can help stimulate the body's absolution of fat. By making more fat available to the muscles, carnitine also increases our energy supply.
    SOURCE

Just thought this might be a cool read for other youngn's (and some older bros) that don't know about it's fat-loss capibilities.......
    great post ... I have used L carnitine in liquid form about 10 years ago along with yohimbe bark extract .. and got some results from it for sure.

gonna grab some tomorrow ... thanks bro

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    bump for others ... this shat works

also I have some liquid L carnitine from about 7 or 8 years ago... I wonder if its bad. I guess so.

any ideas bros
    Last edited by Dally; 09-20-2004 at 10:15 PM.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    bump for others ... this shat works

also I have some liquid L carnitine from about 7 or 8 years ago... I wonder if its bad. I guess so.

any ideas bros

My guess is its bad, toss it!

Lgarm18 is offline New Member
    I was doing 4cc/wk, but after reading some of these posts I think I might take it up in frequency. This stuff is a thin liquid so I would imagine you could use even a 25g if it was long enough, about 1.25inch or whatever you may normally use for IM injections. I go in the quad since I do 2cc at a time. I went to the link provided by bulldawg 28 above and it's exactly the same stuff I have.
    Take a look at www.thevetshed.com for price comparison. Of course the stuff on that site is for animals only and I wouldn't want you to think that this was a source that I've posted.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Alcar is better than l-carnitine for fat loss. ALCAR = acetyl-l-carnitine.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Those are some pretty serious gains/losses. Did you change your diet and/or workout routine when you started the l-carnitine?

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Alcar is better than l-carnitine for fat loss. ALCAR = acetyl-l-carnitine.
    EDIT: nm, found the search button...
    Last edited by clockworks; 10-26-2004 at 01:40 PM.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Hey clockworks, are your stats the same as it says in your profile?

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Hey clockworks, are your stats the same as it says in your profile?
    Heh, yes...unfortunately. Well, I actually weigh slightly more now. Maybe like 3-4 lbs more. I have no idea what my BF% is now. I haven't had that measured in over a year.

Thread Information