Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CliffordBlue is offline New Member

Question NO2 - Nitric Oxide

Hey... I have just recently joined this site. And I'm loving it! So much info that is so greatly appreciated!

I have a question... has anyone taken Nitric Oxide before? I am currently taking it... I have noticed great gains... but I'm curious to find out what the side effects are... maybe not short term ones... but has anyone heard of the potential long term negatives?

S R H is offline Associate Member
    n02 = L-arginine.... i take it you got it sold to you by a GNC rep for 125 bucks a cycle eh?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BduBbz
    n02 = L-arginine.... i take it you got it sold to you by a GNC rep for 125 bucks a cycle eh?

who the fvck told you that? Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid,
    NO2 does not even share the slightest resemblence with L-arginine!
    L-arginine, even when it is not an essential amino acid as I said above, is a vital one. In addition to participating in protein synthesis, it plays a number of other roles in the body. These include the detoxification of ammonia formed during the nitrogen catabolism of amino acids via the formation of urea. In addition, L-arginine is a precursor in the formation of nitric oxide, creatine, polyamines, L-glutamate, L-proline, agmatin (a possible neurotransmitter in the brain) and the arginine-containing tetrapeptide tuftsin, believed to be an immunomodulator. L-arginine is a glycogenic amino acid; it can be converted to D-glucose and glycogen if needed by the body or it can be catabolized to produce biological energy.

bigordie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator

L-arginine, even when it is not an essential amino acid as I said above, is a vital one. In addition to participating in protein synthesis, it plays a number of other roles in the body. These include the detoxification of ammonia formed during the nitrogen catabolism of amino acids via the formation of urea. In addition, L-arginine is a precursor in the formation of nitric oxide, creatine, polyamines, L-glutamate, L-proline, agmatin (a possible neurotransmitter in the brain) and the arginine-containing tetrapeptide tuftsin, believed to be an immunomodulator. L-arginine is a glycogenic amino acid; it can be converted to D-glucose and glycogen if needed by the body or it can be catabolized to produce biological energy.

read the nutrition facts on NO2...3000mg of time released arginine per serving...

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    so NO2 is overrated, and all the work is being done by the L-arginine that is included inside it?

not just included inside it, but made up of it...save your money and buy arginine by itself just as effective 60 bucks cheaper

does the A-AKG and A-KIC (Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate and Arginine-Ketoisocaproate) represent the Arginine we're talking about here?

not sure but i think that is the time released form...bump more info on A-AKG/A-KIC

bump

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i tried it and noticed nothing worthy of spending 50-90 extra bucks a month on the stuff. If you want a "perpetual pump", just increase your carbs, seriously.

yeah, but can anyone answer my question on arginine up above? thanks. bigordie and i are left here wondering.

either way bro you are better off just getting arginine, ive tried both and had the same results with arginine as i did the world famous NO2, (but i did get my $ back for the NO2).

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator

He is refering to NO2 the PRODUCT, not NO2 the molecule.

By the way, he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    either way bro you are better off just getting arginine, ive tried both and had the same results with arginine as i did the world famous NO2, (but i did get my $ back for the NO2).
    pumps included? i heard it can really give you some veins.. adds to the hardened look..

def. you will have some amazing pumps if you take 3000mg of arginine 30 minutes before a workout. I used to take 3000mg am 3000mg preworkout and 3000mg pm (before meals on the AM/PM doses) but i found out that is overkill. If you want those pumps just take 3000mgs preworkout and you will be impressed.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    not sure but i think that is the time released form...bump more info on A-AKG/A-KIC
    L-Arginine and Alpha Keto Glutaric Acid are two different compounds. They are combined to form A-AKG, which is often used in No2 products.

You can save $$ by purchasing the two compounds and taking them as a "home made" NO2 supplement. I get mine at www.kentnutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
    L-Arginine and Alpha Keto Glutaric Acid are two different compounds. They are combined to form A-AKG, which is often used in No2 products.

You can save $$ by purchasing the two compounds and taking them as a "home made" NO2 supplement. I get mine at www.kentnutrition.com
    but is AKG as important as L-Arginine?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    after initially reading this thread I went to my local supplement store and looked at arginine... it says right on it that it is the active ingrediant in nitric oxide so I think I might try it.. 30 bucks for 180 pills meh

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    but is AKG as important as L-Arginine?

just try arginine before a workout...it will save you $ and you will be just as happy as when taking no2

after initially reading this thread I went to my local supplement store and looked at arginine... it says right on it that it is the active ingrediant in nitric oxide so I think I might try it.. 30 bucks for 180 pills meh

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I supplemented with NO2 and it was a waste of money. You can supplement with arginine, but if you are drinking protein shakes you are most likely getting enough anyway

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugggg. Nitric oxide is "NO." The suffix -ic is for the higher oxidation of an element, -ous is the lower i.e. ferric and ferrous (old name for iron - symbol Fe). -ide is a suffix put on the anion in a compound to differentiate as being negatively charged. NO is a brown gas used by dentists to knock you out, thats right, laughing gas. NO2 (the 2 should be subscript) means there is one nitrogen atom and two oxygens, this compound is called Nitrogen dioxide. Di- means theres two atoms, just like CO2 is Carbon dioxide. Nitrogen dioxide is an air pollutant from kerosene heaters and unvented gas stoves.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    He is refering to NO2 the PRODUCT, not NO2 the molecule.

By the way, he is right.
    obviously he was not referring to N02 the molecule, and no he wasn't right, they are not the same thing. One is a precurser to the other, and needs to be broken down to utilize the amino acid chain. I fully explained that in my first post.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffordBlue
    Hey... I have just recently joined this site. And I'm loving it! So much info that is so greatly appreciated!

I have a question... has anyone taken Nitric Oxide before? I am currently taking it... I have noticed great gains... but I'm curious to find out what the side effects are... maybe not short term ones... but has anyone heard of the potential long term negatives?
    shame on you for getting ripped off!!!

by the way look at the ingredients in your whey tub and observe that alpha-ketogluterate is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I supplemented with NO2 and it was a waste of money. You can supplement with arginine, but if you are drinking protein shakes you are most likely getting enough anyway
    co2boi, any proof of this? i don't think it contains that much arginine, usually they say it's included in the label, but most of the time they probably sprinkle it in.

100% why by ON nutrition has almost 1000mg per shake, but that is not enough if you are trying to get the "pump" out of it. My advice to anyone wanting to try it...go ahead and get some arginine, you will notice good pumps in the gym but there is no strength/mass gain involved. As far as the pump, if thats what youre going for then its perfect. Good luck to all.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    N02 was a waste of money for me, I took it to GNC and got my money back. I did feel an extra pump but it did not do anything else, or at least i did not feel it. It was too expensive just to feel my pumps hurt longr than usual, so I quit. No offense about your results, I guess everyone is different, but it taught me to do more research before using stuff, that's the reason I am here. good luck with your work outs

bigordie, so arginine only gives you pumps? but angelxterminator above already gave the lowdown on it. precursor to blablabla. and widening of blood channels = better nutrient delivery. (read: http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/su...ent-review.htm) morever, isn't L-arginine an amino acid? aren't amino acids much more capable than just pumps??

widening of blood channels=more blood to muscle=good pumps in the gym. In theory there should be a vast improvement in nutrient delivery and therefore better muscular recovery and growth. From personal experience i will support the author of the article you gave me as well as most the bros on this board and tell you that no2 is nothing but a marketing scam (and a very good one at that)

hmm alright, so maybe nitric oxide sucks. how about L-arginine? quoting angelxterminator, it is a vital amino acid, so why did you say that it does nothing for gains in mass/strength? strongly believe in amino acid, and by reading what angelx said, (not knowing if it's true or not) it just proves my belief. it helps in protein synthesis, therefore it helps gains. it's a pre cursor to those other things and some of those help as well. i just don't understand why you say L-arginine don't give any gains. could you elaborate? (now we're off topic from NO already..)

i will support the author of the article you gave me as well as most the bros on this board and tell you that no2 is nothing but a marketing scam (and a very good one at that)
    all my comments are based on personal trials, if you do a search this topic has been discussed and infact there is one trial that is in favor of l-arginine supporting strength/mass gains. i am not dissuading you from using arginine but i am warning you not to pay the extra $ for NO2.

i too believe strongly in amino acids, but i would not take arginine alone to make substantial strength/mass gains. If that is your goal you would be better off going with a liquid amino blend, that and the aminos in your protien shake is plenty for you to grow. Again if you want that extra pump, get arginine and take that as well.

well i do take protein shakes, but i'm thinking of taking BCAA and glutamine in the morning, and then again at night. do you think it helps?

i definitaly agree with that regime, that alone worked wonders for me. The glutamine really helped me maintain some of my muscle after my surgery (ACL, Meniscus) but when i take it when i am healthy along with the BCAAs i love the effect. Go to kentnutrition.com and get the glutamine peptides, they taste terrible but they are not broken down as easily in the gut as regular glutamine. Also they are a fair price.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    Sorry what's BCAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Angelo
    Sorry what's BCAA?

Branch Chain Amino Acids

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    co2boi, any proof of this? i don't think it contains that much arginine, usually they say it's included in the label, but most of the time they probably sprinkle it in.
    Of course I have no way to prove it. Do you have any way to prove what's on any label? I understand your concern, but you can apply the same question to any food or supplement

well no. that's why it's the supplement industry lol. but at least if they state it like "500mg arginine" at least i'll be at ease that there's at least 400mg of arginine inside it if it's a trustable company. and probably 250 if it's not. hope you understand.

Oh I understand. They don't make money by telling the truth...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information