Aggression is offline Member

Protein drink questions

I asked this on the diet board but I figured you bros could help me as well.

I am thinking of trying muscle milk as I hear nothing but good things about it but I have a few questions:

1. It has alot of good fats in it (18 g to be exact). If I'm taking this before bed or during the day do I need to take a fat source with it (like flax) to slow absorbtion or is there enough fat in the drink where I don't need to take a fat source with it to slow absorbtion? I was thinking of taking 2 tbsp of natty pb with this before bed, that would make (with the natty pb) 40 g protein, 30 g fats, and 18 g carbs. Is that too much before bed?

2. It also has 12 g of carbs in it. Will that make this drink bad to take before bed because of the 12 g of carbs in it? Especially if I'm cutting.

3. I usually take an Isopure shake as my PWO shake. Is Muscle milk a good shake to drink PWO? The label says you can drink it anytime (before bed, during workout, and PWO) but I would think the high fat content would make this shake a bad one to drink PWO.

4. It says it contains creatine in it. Lets say you were taking one shake (2 scoops) a day before bed, is there enough creatine in it to give any benefits?

5. And lastly, there is only 32 g of protein per serving. If I was drinking a Muscle milk shake before I went to bed is 32 g of protein enough to feed my muscles through the night?

Thanks in advance fellas!

I think I'm gonna use a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk before bed. That would give me 42 g protein, 18 g fat, and 12 g carbs.

bigordie is offline Member
    1. I would add the peanut butter thats what i do
    2. Thats alot of carbs to consume if your taking it PM, i think muscle milk is better for a bulinking diet
    3. though you can drink it anytime i would stick with isopure for your PWO shake, it is much more fast acting than muscle milk
    4. Not sure, how much creatine does it say it contains?
    5. as i said in #1 add peanut butter and if you would like mix your shake with the low carb/nofat milk it will give you an extra 12 grams of slow release protien.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    I think I'm gonna use a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk before bed. That would give me 42 g protein, 18 g fat, and 12 g carbs.

...didnt see that...

I will use muscle milk two times a day.

I will have a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk along with my 1/2 cup of oatmeal (mixed with splenda and cinnamon) and apple as part of my pre workout meal.

And I'm gonna use a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk and a tbsp of flax before bed.

sounds good bro...what are you gonna use PWO, stick with the isopure?

i love that carb milk...its so high in protien its almost like a pm protien shake in itself

Yes I will continue taking the isopure for PWO.

Thread Information