MDtS is offline New Member

Need help can't get good sleep.

My problem is I just started working a new job and it is 12 hour shifts at night and so I have to sleep during the day. Which is hard as hell I have covered all of my windows so it is dark in my room and i get to sleep fine but after about 4-5 hours i wake up and can't sleep anymore. Well to sum it up this is throughing my body out of wak. My appetite has gone to **** and i have lost 10 pounds as a result. Well I was wondering if anyone would happen to know of a supplement that would help me sleep better and longer and get more rejuvinating sleep.
    Any help will be appreciated.

gio86 is offline Member
    well you shouldnt get your body used to anything to make it fall asleep. but in your case im sure you need it. i know this herb cal valerian which is preaty good. completly natural and actually works. not sure exacly were to get it. but its not hard at all.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    tylenol pm
    or any sleep aid with Diphenhydramine HCl .... in it

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    id avoid the OC sleeping aids such as tylenol pm, no matter how much sleep you get in about an hour youll be groggy.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    ive never had that problem with being "groggy" , but everyone is different , so maybe you will maybe you wont.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    melatonin is good

gya321 is offline Member
    melatonin or benadryll

bigordie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    id avoid the OC sleeping aids such as tylenol pm, no matter how much sleep you get in about an hour youll be groggy.

when i take that i wake up groggy most the time...try melatonin

Joe King is offline New Member
    valerian is rubbish, its in most pills you can buy from a chemist.
    melatonin is the one id go for, you can buy milk with it in, so maybe a hot drink b4 u try to sleep. but in any case you gotta give your body time to adjust to your new sleeping times. good luck, trying to get a full 7 or 8 hours sleep in the day sounds like a tough task.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

well my drug of choice is...

good old weed.if i can't sleep i'll bust it out and be asleep in 20 mins afteri finish my bedtime protein shake.always does the trick for me!!

builtthekid is offline Banned
    I agree partyboy just makesure its some fire dro.

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    good old weed.if i can't sleep i'll bust it out and be asleep in 20 mins afteri finish my bedtime protein shake.always does the trick for me!!

amen

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    I do the same but I have found that it seems for me to be very addictive, use to be 1 night or 2 in the week, now its more like 3-4. Each night i asked myself i need it and try to control myself.

BTW - I rarely smoke during the daytime or in puplic, i am not a pot-head

just remember...everything in moderation. Its good and if you can keep your activity up while smoking that often then go for it, but if it starts effecting your productivity/mood negatively you def need to start cutting back

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    melatonin is a good OTC choice, Ambien is excellent choice b/c half-life is only three hours so you get a restful night's sleep but it is out of your system eight or so hours later.

If that is ineffective, try Valium.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDtS
    My problem is I just started working a new job and it is 12 hour shifts at night and so I have to sleep during the day. Which is hard as hell I have covered all of my windows so it is dark in my room and i get to sleep fine but after about 4-5 hours i wake up and can't sleep anymore. Well to sum it up this is throughing my body out of wak. My appetite has gone to **** and i have lost 10 pounds as a result. Well I was wondering if anyone would happen to know of a supplement that would help me sleep better and longer and get more rejuvinating sleep.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Melatonin at about 10mg an hour before you go to bed. Also I found that ambien works every time. Gives me about 8 solid hours of sleep every time I take one. Docs give Rx pretty easy, but it is spendy at around $30.0 for 10 pills.

PunyKid is offline New Member

Y'all Guys Are Crazy

Y'all guys are crazy! I never once in my entire life thought about smoking weed. I sure hope y'all were joking! Doesn't weed cause you to stay skinny anyway. Plus who wants lungs looking like that! Anyways, if I worked my butt off for 12 hours, I'd be darn tired and would crash on the bed as soon as I got home. I know you close all your windows you said, but perhaps it's just too hot in your room because it's daytime. Try turning the AC up and make sure you inform everybody not to make any noise around the house to wake you up. Personally, I wouldn't take any medications because then your gonna become addicted to them and ending up popping 2 Tylenols before you go to bed every night for the rest of your life...not too healthy.

wired-up is offline Member
    ZMA works great for me and no groggyness the next day.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I'm using melatonin. Works great

Thread Information