unclemoney is offline Senior Member

dehydration on 2+ gallons of water a day?!?!

I've had this 1 problem the past few weeks.... well I've been force feeding myself for months and finaly it just turns into one huge mad apetite at each of my meals a day... On average I drink 2+ gallons of water a day and 3 nlarge2 servings and then I find myself dehydrated. So then I would consum a 24oz thing of water and about half an hour or 45 mins later I would find myself thirsty again.... What is up with this? Any kind of explanation or hint or something would be helpful, thanks.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    How's your sodium intake? Lots of sodium can make you feel dehydrated. Does Nlarge have a lot of sodium?

one nlarge2 serving has 150mg of sodium.... I don't think that is too much do you?

No, that's not that much. How is your overall sodium intake though? Do you get thirsty right after the Nlarge? 150 mg's could make you a little thirsty. The isopures i use PWO have 320mg's Na+ and I get thirsty as hell after.

No, I could be thirsty hours after I have taken the nlarge2 serving... I find myself constantly thirts threwout the day no matter how much I drink. And I do eat alot but I'm sure the food I eat doesn't have that much sodium.

eggplant is offline Member
    bro..being thirsty constantly is not common....it could be a sign of diabetes..i'm not saying it is..touch wood..but..its better to go for a check up..

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Get more Sodium!

So which one is it??? more or less sodium?

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Get more Sodium!
    more sodium?

Am I missing something here?, if I am, I apologize, but more sodium will make him more thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by biofx
    more sodium?

Am I missing something here?, if I am, I apologize, but more sodium will make him more thirsty.
    Drinking too much water can make you deficient in essential electrolytes like sodium and potassium. While it's true that TOO much sodium can cause water retention and dehydration, too little can also cause you to become dehydrated:

http://www.labtestsonline.org/unders...dium/test.html

I don't think drinking too much water would make you more thirsty though. Sodium makes me very thirsty though, eat a can of tuna, and I am thirsty as hell.

I doubt he is not getting enough sodium, unless there is something fundamentally wrong with his physiological systems. IMO it is hard to be sodium depleted on a regular diet. There is sodium in almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by biofx
    I don't think drinking too much water would make you more thirsty though. Sodium makes me very thirsty though, eat a can of tuna, and I am thirsty as hell.

I doubt he is not getting enough sodium, unless there is something fundamentally wrong with his physiological systems. IMO it is hard to be sodium depleted on a regular diet. There is sodium in almost everything.
    I dunno. At this point we're both just speculating. In the past I've run into problems with too little sodium in my diet with symptoms simiar to his.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I dunno. At this point we're both just speculating. In the past I've run into problems with too little sodium in my diet with symptoms simiar to his.
    yeah true, maybe he could post his diet or something.

my diet aint too great.... It's basicly i eat a crapload at each meal.... I eat all kinds of anything and lots of it.. and I'm still at 9%bf

Do you take in a lot of sodium? tuna, milk, spagettio-O's ?

tuna i have a 12oz can every day.... I also drink milk with my weight gainer/whey protein shakes and every now and then if im too lazy to make something and I'm hungry for a snack I have a can of spaghetti-o's every now and then.

You really eat spagettio-O's? That is kind of funny (not the fact u eat spagettio-Os), just all 3 foods I threw out there, you eat.

Too much sodium can make you dehydrated. A 12 oz. can of tuna has a lot of sodium, and spagettio_O's are LOADED with salt.

metallicafan4u69 is offline Junior Member
    I think you should look at everything you are doing and eating. Sodium, potassium intake, creatine use, cardio output, everything. I had lots of sodium earlier today on a meal and I am thirsty as hell...never know. Look at all possibilities.

Yeah, lol(you could name anything that is somewhat edible and I probably eat it)...... Anyways I guess I have been taking in a good bit of sodium(more than I thought)... As far as creatine I havn't cycled that for a long time because after the first 2 cycles of creatine I stoped responding, and I've tried many differnt forms but I guess I turned into a non responder. And I don't do any cardio.

Thread Information