HollywoodM3 is offline Member

Pre/Post workout supplematation

Hey bros,

I have been using a 2:1 ratio (carbs: pro) post work out with a 50/50 ratio of Maltdoxetrin/dextros mix

so
    100g total carbs mixed with 50g protein

I heard people using a 3:1 Ratio (carbs/pro), any truth to this?

also I have been just eating a solid food meal an hour to hour and half before workout and then just taking this shake post work out,

should I be taking it 30mins before and then after...

can anyone shed some light on this??

HM
    Last edited by HollywoodM3; 10-09-2004 at 06:41 AM.

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member

sounds ok

dude i usually consume anywhere from 100 to 150 grams of carbs with around 50 grams of protein. i think the amount of carbs just depends on your bodys needs. i think a guy that is 265 would need more carbs than a guy that is 165. also if you would give me your height weight then we could get you a number of carbs needed to gain some quality mass. i have heard of dudes doing this 1-3 ratio, what i do is try to eat 2-2 1/2 grams of carbs for each lean lb of mass. so a guy that weighs 185 would need to eat around 460 grams of carbs to put on some quality mass(keep in mind they must be quality carbs) just multiply your bodyweight by 2 1/2 and divide that number by how many meals you eat in a day(shoot for 6-8 meals)

uttyler dude

I am 6 ft tall and about 250...with about 13%bf

460 grams is NOT post work out right...I now how many carbs I need during the day, I am just asking about the Pre and post workout needs..

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I think 50 g protein and 100 grams dextrose would work better. Maltodextrin isn't really the best thing right after a really draining workout.

I have read, that the best combo is 50/50 carb mix of malt and dextrose...the dex kicks in quick and malt helps longer...

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodM3
    I have read, that the best combo is 50/50 carb mix of malt and dextrose...the dex kicks in quick and malt helps longer...
    The second part is correct. But that is why you have a ppwo meal with complex carbs in it so you have carbs slowly releasing into your bloodstream. But PWO you should use all dextrose IMO, your body can handle alot more glucose at that point and it creates an insulin spike to shuttle protein to your muscles.

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member
    i agree with nsa 100 carbs and 50 protein

Thread Information