hockeybabe2 is offline Female Member

What does a teen boy need for vitamins

I need a little help with my son. He is 15yrs old he lift but very moody. At times I think he is a girl. Wow. I never had brothers and he never had any body fat on him. He is very thin and fit. Does anyone have any help here on vitamins he would need. I have heard that he need a multi-vitamin and then something with fish oil is this true? Help HB2

zOaib is offline VET
    i think any multi-vitamins would do , but i would consult a physician who would give u a more accurate answer on what vitamins he needs to grow , fish oil is good aswell as flax seed oil ............ i dont know what kind fo a diet your son is on , but if he takes ample amount of protien in his diet and fat and carbs he should be gaining weight ..............

He eats very well. He likes fish and chicken and red meat but no pork. Also he eats salads and very little candy. He doesn`t like it. Which I`m glad about that. Thanks by the way. HB2

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    A multivitamin is all he needs, try to get one with alot of b-vitamins in it.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    what about creatine??? sure he would love that.

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    as my experience coaching junior high - and high school football players as well as track runners.....

supplements aren't nearly as important as a healthy diet. Fish and lean meat should be a good staple in his diet.

if he lifts regularly i would recommend creatine and protein and make sure he drinks plenty of water.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Make sure he eats lots of carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty
    as my experience coaching junior high - and high school football players as well as track runners.....

supplements aren't nearly as important as a healthy diet. Fish and lean meat should be a good staple in his diet.

if he lifts regularly i would recommend creatine and protein and make sure he drinks plenty of water.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the creatine and he already eats a lot of protein. He leaves by you at this time in Michigan. I was hoping getting out of Washington would help him. The winter here doesn`t help him. It bums him out. Thanks.HB2

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    You might think he gets enoughf protein but.... You might as well buy sum whey protein or weight gainer shakes.... I my self switch between ON whey protein and nlarge2 weight gainer shakes.... Find them tastey and take 4 servings a day.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    You might think he gets enoughf protein but.... You might as well buy sum whey protein or weight gainer shakes.... I my self switch between ON whey protein and nlarge2 weight gainer shakes.... Find them tastey and take 4 servings a day.

That is a great idea. Thanks I didn`t even think about this. I know that he is growing and all. At times I wish he would slow down. HB2

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    Try ALCAR that might help with mood as well as B-Vits as NSA said.:-)

If heŽs slim and tough maybe he should do cycling?dŽoH.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBreed
    Try ALCAR that might help with mood as well as B-Vits as NSA said.:-)

If heŽs slim and tough maybe he should do cycling?dŽoH.

The cycling I will wait on for now. But thanks for the other ideas. HB2

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    your son eats better than most 15-year-olds let me tell you. If he likes fish, chicken, red meat (but no pork? hmmm better have a doc check that out ) and gets his green veggies I'd say he's doing rather well. Personally I don't bother with creatine, I think he'd be fine with a good multi vitamin and ample protein intake.

I think all teenagers are moody, just part of the natural progression. I wouldn't worry about a supplement to really improve his mood per say, but who knows, with a good diet and some added muscle his mood may improve naturally.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    All he absolutely needs to grow is a good bulking diet, with lots of protein, and a solid training regimine. As for supplements whey protein, dextrose, multivitamin w/ b-complex and maybe creatine and/or amino acid stack depending on how often he drinks whey protein shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    your son eats better than most 15-year-olds let me tell you. If he likes fish, chicken, red meat (but no pork? hmmm better have a doc check that out ) and gets his green veggies I'd say he's doing rather well. Personally I don't bother with creatine, I think he'd be fine with a good multi vitamin and ample protein intake.

I think all teenagers are moody, just part of the natural progression. I wouldn't worry about a supplement to really improve his mood per say, but who knows, with a good diet and some added muscle his mood may improve naturally.
    It is funny that I have to boys and they are both so different. They both eat well that I make sure of. Thanks for everything though. It does help. HB2

Thread Information