skribbble is offline Member

Question about coffee and creatine

A friend of mine said if you drink cappachino or coffee and take creatine in the same day, that the coffee eliminates the creatine and therefore the creatine that you took that day is useless. Is this a myth or actually true?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Its true. Caffeine and creatine don't mix well. One is a semi-diuretic, so it dries you out. The other is atrying to make you retain more water.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    So how about taking ephedrine an hr before workout, and creatine like 15 min before workout, by the way my stacker2 has epehdrine in it..so is this bad?

singern is offline Banned
    What about coffee in the morning, Creatine in the evening with PWO shake. Do they still work against each other? I like creatine but no way Ill give up my morning coffee......

nsa
    I believe ephedrine is in the same boat as caffeine, i could be wrong though. Either way if the stimulant compound is not in your system when you take your dose of creatine then your good to go.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    BUMP, would like to hear from some bro's who have taken both creatine and ephedrine at the same time..... Nsa yea they are def in the same boat,,,thanx for the respond

nsa
    I would try and ask macrophage about it. He's a very knowledgeable guy to talk to.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    I took creatine and ephedrine (Ripped Fuel) together for long periods of time (18 months at one point), and actually I found them to work synergistically in terms of strength gains.

Ephedrine or lots of caffeine will eliminate some water retention w/ creatine, but you still get some cell volumization and great strength. I think they are a good combination, but that's my personal experience. In terms of a cup of coffee "wasting" a days worth of creatine, I think that is nonsense.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    When i first started reading about creatine a year ago suggestions of what to juice with it where, coffee grapejuice orangejuice(to much sugar) some grapefruit juice (???) gatoraid and plain old dextrose.

Some study i read said there wasnt a huge differance with coffee or without it in its test subjects.

I also tried this myself but my diet blew back then and my trunks where scrawny but i did grab a huge natural growth spurt.

nsa
    Dextrose, gatorade and grape juice IMO are the best for absorbtion. They create a small insulin spike to shuttle creatine to your muscles.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    i dont know why it took me so long to order some dextrose but i found a place that doesnt care if its only 2lbs you want at less than 3 dollar a lb for 2 lb bags.
    http://www.herbsmd.com/

nsa
    B U L K N U T R I T I O N sells dextrose in 2 pound bags for 1.99$ each...

Thread Information