S R H is offline Associate Member

*Amino Acid Stack*

K... i've made my decision and have planned to hold back on the juice for a while.

Ive been looking into different supps that werent PH or PS. Im thinking about taking an amino acid stack along with injectable b-12 for the time being, with a good diet of course. I wanna see if i can really gain like u say i have the potential to at my age, naturally.
    I planned to take..
    Morning: Arginine 5 grams

Pre-workout: Arginine 5 grams, swole v2 creatine monohydrate & carnosine 1.5 grams

Post-workout: Arginine 5 grams, swole v2 creatine monohydrate & carnosine 1.5 grams, along with whey and dex

Evening: Glutamine 5 grams

Also i was looking into taking this "GH stack" they had over at 1fast400. and i was wondering what people know about it or what they think about it.

Here is the info:
    Along with testosterone , human growth hormone (hGH) may be the most anabolic hormone around. This unique polypeptide hormone comprised of 191 amino acids is required for optimum muscle size and development. For the strength athlete, hGH is important as it can (1) pump aminos into muscles for enhanced protein synthesis (anabolism); (2) promote lean mass while burning fat stores; (3) decrease protein breakdown (catabolism); (4) boost IGF production, another anabolic hormone; and (5) spare glycogen which fuels your workouts. These compelling reasons make using GH Stack a must.

The GH Stack is a unique, "dual action secretagogue" formula, which can work with your body to produce optimum levels of human growth hormone. GH Stack can help signal your pituitary gland to release more hGH through its unique formulation of L-dopa, 5-HTP, and Somatopro ATM, a complex consisting of key amino acid secretagogues in clinically-proven ratios. First and foremost, there's L-dopa (levodopa), a metabolic precursor to dopamine. Available only by prescription in many countries, athletes have used L-dopa to stimulate endogenous hGH production in the body. Unlike amino acid secretagogues, L-dopa can enhance hGH release through an entirely different mechanism. In this way, L-dopa can work alongside Somatopro ATM to provide you with the best overall effects.

Speaking of Somatopro ATM, clinical studies have shown that the compounds in Somatopro ATM can actually increase GH levels by up to 800%. Why is Somatropro ATM so effective? Because it contains the right forms of amino acid secretagogues as well as the right combinations of each. For example, in one Italian study conducted at the University of Rome, it wasn't just arginine combined with lysine that worked-it was arginine pyroglutamate and lysine HCl, precisely what's found in GH Stack. Proprietary formula aside, another fact that makes GH Stack unique is its "Dual Action Secretatogues" system.

No other supplement in the world combines a sub-lingual with an oral delivery system. As a sub-lingual, the proprietary ingredients found in GH Stack are absorbed rapidly and assimilated efficiently. As an oral supplement, the secretatgogues are released gradually, for a sustained GH release. This two-step DAS system effectively doubles your dose of GH-enhancing nutrients found in GH Stack. All in all, GH Stack will work more effectively and more readily than any other GH supplement out there.

Supplement Facts:
    Serving Size: 2 Teaspoons (10g)
    Servings Per Container: 21
    Amount Per Serving:
    Mucuna Pruriens Extract: 250mg
    (standardized for 10% L-Dopa)
    Griffonia Simpicifolia Extract: 250mg
    (standardized for 10% 5-HTP)
    Somatopro A Complex:
    Ornithine: 3g
    Arginine: 1.2g
    Lysine: 1.2g
    Glycine: 1.1g
    Glutamine: 1g

Other Ingredients:
    L-orthinine alpha-ketoglutarate, L-arginine pyroglutamate, L-lysine HCl, L-glycine, L-glutamine, citric acid, aspartame, natural artificial flavors, grapeskin extract.

Directions:
    Mix 2 teaspoons with 8 ounces of water. Swish GH Stack in your mouth for thirty seconds before swallowing. Avoid taking this product with foods that are high in fat or high in glycemic index carbs. As GH levels peak during deep sleep and in response to intense exercise, to maintain high levels throughout the day, take gh stack in the morning or afternoon for optimum results.
    what do you guys think?... and would it be effiecient to stack it with the other amino's im taking. Thx any imput would be tight .

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    The gh stack is crap, all those legal supps claiming to increase gh levels are a scam...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i do 5g glutamine morning and night total 10g

ok so what about that stack does it sound pretty good?....what else would be good to throw in there other than a good multi and maybe some more glutamine in the morning?

bigordie is offline Member
    15g of arginine in a day is alot i dont think its necessary to go over 12

nsa
    Actually i think 15 mg of arginine daily works well.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Hasnt studies proven that glutamine can raise GH by 430% unless its all crap again. But i have seen this on many websites?

Hey i think it might have been a typo... but i said 1.5 grams of carnosine... was it supposed to be carnosine or carnitine...

also is this stack pretty decent for energy/mass/strength thats not hormonal..?

nsa
    It is carnosine. A stack like is indirectly hormonal, but only by increasing your test levels slightly, this natural and not detectable in a drug test if that is why your scared of hormonal compounds.

about the pre workout and post workout v12, arent you supposed to spread those doses out a little more over the day...ie morning 5g arginine, swole v12 then pre workout 5g arginine, swole v12.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    It is carnosine. A stack like is indirectly hormonal, but only by increasing your test levels slightly, this natural and not detectable in a drug test if that is why your scared of hormonal compounds.
    eh no. not exactly.

I was doing this to have more energy and endurance at the gym and have a bigger appetite (b12)
    Also.. since i am still young.. im trying to maximize the natural high test levels i have now, so when i do decide to juice it in a few years, it will have been to the best of my advantage to wait.

I didnt wanna use any 1-test or juice becuase of health issues, and high bp i already have.

If all this does is raise my test slightly, would i get the same benifits of just running Tribulous or other natural test raising supps.?
    Last edited by S R H; 10-20-2004 at 04:35 PM.

i dont know if you got this stack from there (looks like you did) but the new FLEX magazine has a good section on amino stacks, you might wanna check it out

nsa
    That is where i got it from, plus i added the glutamine at night and swole v2 for the taurine(creatine is also a plus.)

Not sure if SRH is one of the people i recomended it to or if he just read it from the thread i wrote about it last week

Thread Information