JP1570 is offline Senior Member

digestive enzymes

How important is it to ya'll to get the protein with digestive enzymes? Today I got sold on Glutapro and Metabolic Nutrition's Advantage as opposed to Lean Body. I was told they make you absorb more protein blah blah blah.... I hope this isn't one of those ?s that has been answered extinsively already. Tried searching and couldn't find anything solid.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like a load of crap to me. I could see how digestive enzymes could help you if you were difficient in one, but as far as whey is concerned, your stomach doesn't do sh*t. Whey protein are amino acids, which, when combined in a certain order, create a protein. Because you are consuming aminos, and not actually protein, the whey passes directly through your stomach and enters the small intestines. It is there that absorbtion takes place, and what your body does not need, it will let pass through, and it leaves your body.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    i use papaya enzymes and ginger root,and i eat like 70gram protein at a sitting,only meal 3, JUICE FREE also

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    OK, I kind've agree with you vegeta, but like I said, the bastard sold me on the stuff. Anymore opinions????

Socio is offline Associate Member
    yeah thats all well and good VEGETA but unless your entire diet consists of whey protein .... thats of not much use is it?
    if taht were the case you would be having around 18 shakes a day one every hr .... now the human body is not designed to digest foods such as beef , chicken , milk etc ... the body has trouble with these by using digestive enzymes it just helps the body out so to speak.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    JMO

body builders comsume way more food than most people, and I think it's a good idea to take DE's. Pluss what do you have to loose? though I wouldn't buy it with a protien, I'd pick up the pills at shoppers Drug mart or something.

while most people consume 2000-3000k a day
    where pumping up to 7000k (for some)

Thread Information