Thread: B12 dosage :(

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member

B12 dosage :(

I started injecting B12 daily IM @ 1000mcg/day , is that too much for a guy that weighs 170lbs?? I've ben doing it for a week with no problems until today i just notce something dripping down my nose and i thought it was snot at first but it turns out it was blood!!
    I read that if B12 is taken with high amounts of vitamin C then nosebleeds could happen...i'm not deliberatly taking lots of vitamin C but its in almost everyting i drink...i dont know i just want to know from people who've done B12 before how much they were injecting and how often?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    The dosage should be fine. I'm only 170 and I used 1000 and even up to 2000mcg ed and didn't have any problems. As for the nose bleeds, I have no idea! You may want to get that checked out. Good luck to ya.

it could be totally unrelated...i get them usually wen the weather is cold outside and i walk into heated room sor the other way round. I'll continue and see what happens.
    Thanks for the info

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    it could be totally unrelated...i get them usually wen the weather is cold outside and i walk into heated room sor the other way round. I'll continue and see what happens.
    Thanks for the info
    i usually get nose bleeds in winter too by scratching my nose too muhc u can scar a vien inside your nostril which can amke it bleed or even the inside walls of your nose because of getting dried can be prone to easy infections causing nose bleeds , but i aint a doctor , if i were u i would still get it checked out ..................... i take 2500mcg b-12 i weigh 180 , and no problems ,a lthough i take a lot of vitamin c aswell

Zoaib how long before u started to feel the effects fo B12 hitting u good? like the increased appetite, better mood, energy and so on?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    It hit me the first time I shot it. But for some it doesn't do much. Even if you don't notice anything from it you should keep taking it. B12 helps your body break down carbs, increases RBC, and helps with tissue repair.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Sleeping with a humidifier at night usually prevents winter-time nosebleeds. It is most likely caused by the sudden drop in moisture in the air.

Thread Information