frank rizzo is offline Junior Member

optimum whey has dietary fiber???

currently using solid muscle whey but wanted to try a more well known brand..

have heard a lot of good stuff about optimum's chocolate & chocolate mint. i looked at the ingredients and saw that chocolate mint has almost a gram of dietary fiber in each scoop... taking 2.5 scoops of this pwo would probably give me 2 grams fiber, how can this be good? or is this amount insignificant? I also looked at their natural chocolate whey which states its made from grade A milk.. whey protein made from milk?? even if there is whey in milk, fiber and milk processed protein go against everything i have learned you need pwo.

they all have Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides which doesnt too good.. or am i just confusing it with paritally hydrogenated?

thanks for any insight

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Wussup there liver-lips?
    Whats goin' on with your fvcking delivery boy? I had to punch that little prikk in the mouth!

hexadec is offline Junior Member
    The hydrolyzed whey isn't anything to worry about. I think it's just more quickly absorbed. Hydgrogenation is different, it's done to liquid fat to make it solid at room temp (margarine... bad). The fiber is probably from cocoa used as flavoring. I don't know if it will hurt anything unless it's post workout, then it might maybe possibly hinder absorption. Althought I like and use Optimum, I think solid muscle is the way to go for PWO drinks. I got a sample when I ordered from allsports last time. It's cheap and tastes good. It's gonna be my next whey purchase.

frank rizzo is offline Junior Member
    listen up sizzle-chest.. u can not whip out answers like that or i am liable to break your f'in head..

thanks hexadec sounds like i should stay with solid whey, cant beat the taste and price

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    OK flapjack.

Thread Information