mman is offline Junior Member

trueprotein.com!!!!

After looking around for a company that sold premixed dextrose/maltodextrin I came across trueprotein. I ordered from them and recieved shipping confirmation almost immediately. Usually I order protein when I have a few pounds left because I just assume it will take a couple of weeks to arrive. It took trueprotein all of 2-3 days to deliver. Good prices and great service I will definately be ordering from them again.

Da Underboss is offline New Member
    Hows it taste, what flavors did u get??

Swellin Guest
    I buy all of my protein from them. I have three different protein blends I use for different times of the day. One for throughout the day, one for PWO, & one for bed time.

I also buy their malto/dextrose mix, and I add it to my PWO shake. Doug and Dante do a fantastic job way over there on the west coast!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I buy all of my protein from them. I have three different protein blends I use for different times of the day. One for throughout the day, one for PWO, & one for bed time.

I also buy their malto/dextrose mix, and I add it to my PWO shake. Doug and Dante do a fantastic job way over there on the west coast!
    I saw your thread on IBB discussing this.....I never knew of such a thing either

Quote Originally Posted by Da Underboss
    Hows it taste, what flavors did u get??
    I didn't get any flavor and it is way too sweet. I'm used to just malto and the dextrose is killing me, I can barely get it down. It's going to be that way no matter where I get it from.

Swellin- what type of blends do you get if you don't mind elaborating. Also, if they are on the west coast that is probably why I got my order so fast. I live in AZ.

Swellin Guest
    I am trying to find the blends....
    Here is the night time formula:

40% Whey Isolate-Exchange
    20% Micellar Casein
    15% Calcium Casein
    15% Hydrolized Casein
    10% Milk Protein Isolate
    Chocolate with no sweetener

PWO blend:
    20% Whey Protein Concentrate
    39% Whey Protein Isolate cross-flow microfiltration
    7% Hydolyzed Whey Protein High Grade
    13% Egg White Protein
    9% Creatine Monohydrate
    6% L-Glutamine
    6% Glutamine Peptides
    Chocolate and no sweetener...I mix in the malto/dextrose blend

All day blend
    30% Whey Protein Concentrate
    30% Whey Protein Isolate Ion-exchange
    15% Hydrolyzed Casein
    15% Micellar Casein
    10% Milk Protein Isolate

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like i'm a minority but I think TrueProtein absolutely sucks. Their more obscure flavors suck in my opinion. I have tried their watermelon, rootbeer, kiwi, pineapple, mixed berry, and lemonade and they hardly have any flavor to them. I'm sure their product is exactly what they say it is but I think their taste and T/A time could be alot better.

Swellin Guest
    I stick with chocolate or unflavored...I couldn't choke down those oddball flavors either....but there are people who want variety, so good for them. Give me chocolate, or nothing at all.

Thanks man, I'm gonna place an order and tell them to give me the "Swellin".

Out of curiosity what do those blends usually end up costing per lb.??

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I have tried their watermelon, rootbeer, kiwi, pineapple, mixed berry, and lemonade and they hardly have any flavor to them.
    I want to make a creatine/glutamine/bcaa mix and I want a clear, Koolaid type flavor for it. Are the flavors your mentioned clearish and like Koolaid or are they more like how traditional strawberry protein shakes are: creamy and milky.

Also the description of the casein proteins say they are very chalky. Anyone have any experience with them? I want to make a daytime and pre bedtime mix that has lots of casein in it, but I don't want some nasty chalky cr@p.

One more thing. Anyone have any experience with the chocolate flavor vs. the premium chocolate flavor?

Thanks.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I answered in Caps and Bold as best I could.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    I want to make a creatine/glutamine/bcaa mix and I want a clear, Koolaid type flavor for it. Are the flavors your mentioned clearish and like Koolaid or are they more like how traditional strawberry protein shakes are: creamy and milky.
    ITS TOUGH FOR ME TO ANSWER THIS ACCURATELY I DONT KNOW IF I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE ASKING AND IT HAS BEEN A COUPLE MONTHS SINCE I HAVE TRIED THEM. IF YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL COLOR OF THEM THERE IS NO COLOR. ITS A 'NATURAL' PROTEIN COLOR WITH 'NATURAL' COLORED FLAVORING.
    Also the description of the casein proteins say they are very chalky. Anyone have any experience with them? I want to make a daytime and pre bedtime mix that has lots of casein in it, but I don't want some nasty chalky cr@p.
    I FOUND CASEIN IS A LOT BETTER WITH JUST ONE SCOOP AT A TIME AND NOT TWO. IF YOU CAN BREAK IT UP INTO SEPERATE SHAKES IT WOULDNT BE BAD IM SURE.

One more thing. Anyone have any experience with the chocolate flavor vs. the premium chocolate flavor?
    I HAVENT TRIED THE PREMIUM CHOC BUT THE REGULAR CHOC IS ONE OF THE BEST TASTING ON THE MARKET (SUCRALOSE ADDED) I LIKE IT ALOT BETTER THAN ATW'S ISOLATE.

Thanks.
    TP's turnaround time is much much better than it was originally. It used to take 1.5 weeks at least for me to receive my order but now it took just 3 days. Also I would try their Creatine ethyl ester its a solid product but naturally it tastes like hell so dont expect for it to taste like candy. If you have ever tasted B5 powder they are very similar. I just take it straight from the teaspoon because it ruins the flavor of my PWO shakes.

Thread Information