man boobes is offline Junior Member

Is this a safe combo?

Ok I wanna make sure that this is safe to take. I take 3 hydroxycut pills along with 5g of creatine mono about an hour before the gym.

But im going to start takin nitrix next week. I want to make sure I can combine the 3 without having anykind of side effects.

Would I be ok?

anyone?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    You can combine all three, but the hydroxcut may diminish the effects of the creatine and nitrix. So go with either the creatine and nitrix, or just the hydroxycut.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Caffeine constricts your blood vessels and arginine dilates your blood vessels. Don't use both together, its a waste of money. Caffeine has also been shown in studies to reduce the muscle building effects of creatine.

Well that sucks. I guess i'll stop taking the hydroxycut if its going to affect the muscle building process while takin creatine.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

really

does creatine really build muscle? i was under the impression it just supplied additional ATP for you to crank out more reps. i didn't think creatine actually promoted muscle hypertrophy.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    does creatine really build muscle? i was under the impression it just supplied additional ATP for you to crank out more reps. i didn't think creatine actually promoted muscle hypertrophy.
    If you can crank out more reps on a given exercise, don't you think you'll gain more muscle mass?

Additional stimulus to a given muscle will increase muscle adaptation to the muscle.

So increasing the # of reps you can do will increase the size of the muscle.

semantics

sure, but then any supplement that gives you extra energy can be thought of as increasing muscle. i can crank out a couple more reps when i take my eca stack....but i don't think anyone would say ECA builds muscle. my point was that creatine, in itself doens't stimulate muscle growth. (some may think that the water retention creatime promotes is actually creatine causing muscle growth)

nsa
    There is a big difference between the energy you have from ECA and energy from creatine. Creatine is actually a source of energy used by fast-twitch (type ll b)muscles to contract and create force. So creatine actually allows your muscles to create more force, not just giving you energy to push yourself a little more like stimulants.

granted

creatine allows you to produce more ATP, or energy for your muscles to use, so you can crank out more reps....and yes, if you do this, you should increase your muscle mass (with proper diet etc). but, you stated anything that allows you to crank out more reps would allow you to increase the size of muscle....(ECA will allow you to crank out more reps, so following your logic, ECA would also allow you to increase the size of the muscle.) fine, i'm not debating that point....hard work builds muscle.

i was just trying to let man boobs know that creatine isn't going to cause his muscles to grow. it's not a steroid . creatine is an excellent supplement that allows you to do that little extra in the gym to get over a hump etc. i'm not saying your wrong, i was just trying to be more specific in the wording to educate newbies who are overly anxious to go out and try any supplement without knowing what to really expect from them.

Thread Information