Thread: Protein Bars

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

Protein Bars

I will be travelling to the US soon and I will probably work most of my time.
    The problem is that I aint gonna have the chance to eat 8 times daily.
    I would probably put in like four or maybe five.
    Whats a good meal replacement?
    Are protein bars worth and does it compensate as a meal?

seanw is offline Banned
    You can supplement with protein shakes. I travel for a living all over the world and apart from time I am on long haul flights I just about always manage to get enough food (even in India !). I carry protein powder and a shake cup in my laptop bag everywhere I go, I just have to have access to clean water which is not always possible so I also carry some bottled water as well if necessary. Protein bars I use on the plane but I hate the fuking things, its like trying to eat a tyre. You can find snacky things as well like, nuts and yogurt etc to help you through.

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    You can supplement with protein shakes. I travel for a living all over the world and apart from time I am on long haul flights I just about always manage to get enough food (even in India !). I carry protein powder and a shake cup in my laptop bag everywhere I go, I just have to have access to clean water which is not always possible so I also carry some bottled water as well if necessary. Protein bars I use on the plane but I hate the fuking things, its like trying to eat a tyre. You can find snacky things as well like, nuts and yogurt etc to help you through.
    Thanks a bunch Bro!!
    Have you been in Guatemala?

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76
    Thanks a bunch Bro!!
    Have you been in Guatemala?
    No problem ! No I havnt been to Guatemala, but I would certainly like too. I generally travel throughout Asia but I also fly to the USA and Australia (home) several times a year.

Odin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76
    I will be travelling to the US soon and I will probably work most of my time.
    The problem is that I aint gonna have the chance to eat 8 times daily.
    I would probably put in like four or maybe five.
    Whats a good meal replacement?
    Are protein bars worth and does it compensate as a meal?
    Honestly, I don't like protein bar's that much, I cannot really tell anything from them. seanw is right about protein powder being good, maybe try throw a banana in with it. However, that not a lot of calories and you will need to get real food with good calories if your looking to put on muscle. One of the best things i eat on the road is a peanut butter sandwidge, not skippy or that junk either cause that sh*t it bad for you. Natural peanut butter like "Krema" and put a ton of that on 7 grain bread and make sure you have enough spring water to flush it down. I found this to be own of my best fast meals that I could come up with.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    I have had one protein bar in my life that i actually liked. Chocolate Fudge, dunno the brand, but it has like 38g of protein. Problem is that its like $3 a bar. All i know is what shelf to find it on in my local store

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the bro's earlier posts that protien shakes are the best way to go. However, if you are unable to prepare shakes from time to time, Niitro-Tech makes a low sugar/carb series of bars that are pretty good. Approx 300 cal - 36 grams protien - less than 50 cals from fat.

Thread Information