Thread: Weight Gainers

jsimon is offline Associate Member

Weight Gainers

What are the best tasting weight gainers as well as most effective ones

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    I personally think you're much better sticking to the "bulking diet" sticky. I've done something similar and put on about 30lbs in 6 months. Weight gainers are very expensive. I took the GNC version about 3 years ago and it only contains like 5 servings because you need 3 giant scoops as a serving. It was a big waste of money. Oh, I didn't gain any weight either. Tasted fine though if that's a route you want to travel.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    You should do a search though for "N Large" and "Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass" as they are both talked about and used quite frequently here and they are very cheap from www.allsportsnutrition.com . Might be what you are looking for.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    You can make your own weightgainer. Just mix 100 grams of dextrose or maltodextrin with 50 grams of protien. That will give you 600 calories per serving with very little fat and a decent taste.

Joe King is offline New Member
    go for twinlab super gainer. 2500 calories per serving, 100grams of protien per serving, plus it has creatine. lasts about 2 weeks, but it mixes well and tastes great.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Proper training and diet go hand in hand. Up your calories 500-1000 cals, and you should see some good gains

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe King
    go for twinlab super gainer. 2500 calories per serving, 100grams of protien per serving, plus it has creatine. lasts about 2 weeks, but it mixes well and tastes great.
    Thats a waste of protein, do a half a serving if using this product. Your body can't absorb all those (100) grams of protein.

RobbieG is offline Member
    Labrada

btw, body can only absorb about 60 gr. af protein per hour in you gut.

so just drink 100 gr. in 2 doses, put more milk in each or whater

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieG
    Labrada

btw, body can only absorb about 60 gr. af protein per hour in you gut.

so just drink 100 gr. in 2 doses, put more milk in each or whater
    Umm actually NO, you can not absorb about 60 grams of protein.
    Every single person is different, and the rates at which we assimilate proteins changes as well. I know for a fact that right now i could use about 70 grams of pro per meal considering i'm on slin, gh, t3, and igf-1 with a massive jolt of tren and testosterone coming my way!

Now if i was 160lbs, then just over half of what i'm taking in now would probably be enough!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    Umm actually NO, you can not absorb about 60 grams of protein.
    Every single person is different, and the rates at which we assimilate proteins changes as well. I know for a fact that right now i could use about 70 grams of pro per meal considering i'm on slin, gh, t3, and igf-1 with a massive jolt of tren and testosterone coming my way!

Now if i was 160lbs, then just over half of what i'm taking in now would probably be enough!
    Agreed, everyones body is physiologically different. So right away people are going to have different absorbtion limits and rates. Adding that not everyone is the same height and LBM changes this number again. Compounding this with the used of products like AAS/HgH/Slin and a number of other things makes this topic even more unclear from person to person. Far too many factors to give even a smal range, a general rule of thumb is to take in about 1.5-2.0 grams of protein daily, spread out over 8-10 meals.

Thread Information