NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

creatine, prework out or post work out?

I've heard many people saying that creatine is supposed to be taken as a post work out once a day, i also heard that creatine is supposed to be taken before work out, and i heard that creatine can be taken once before work out and once after. I am extremely confused on what to do and i really can't understand what help the creatine would do after your work out because i get a rush of energy and i think that would be useful in the gym during workouts. So i'd like to know when to take creatine and how often a day, thanx a lot.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Ive always took it after workouts. You need it to fuel your mucles after a hard workout.

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    I also take post workout.

chinups Guest
    BUMP

FinaFiend is offline New Member
    I always take it post workout. Like tt333 said you need it to fuel your muscles and for recovery.

PhuckThis is offline New Member
    At the GYM waiting for you...where you at?
    I take before and after. That's just me and it work for me. I guess, whatever works for you, everyone is different.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    after is when your muscles need it most.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    When using creatine I take it first thing in the morning and then right after I finished my workout...I train usually around 3 or 4 pm I take it after my workout because your body is like a sponge and will really absorb it at this time.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Just like what Shredz said.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Resistance training burns up muscular ATP stores and by supplementing with Creatine you help to recover yourself (ATP in muscle's for explosive movements) faster for your next workout. Taking it regularly will help with that - whether post or pre.

Post workout with a high glycemix sugar will help send your body in to the rebuild stage faster and combat post workout cortisol levels, as well as raise insulin to rocket the creatine into your system. High Glycemix carbs preworkout will inhibit fat burning.

So with a sugar - POST WORKOUT ONLY. Without the high GI carbs - WHENEVER.

Your first nutrition following a workout should always have high GI to stop the cortisol and start recovery anyhow... so POST WORKOUT WITH A HIGH GI CARB (such as grape juice or a preblend like Cell Tech).

Thread Information