Thread: Oil in protein

ManzNumero1 is offline Member

Oil in protein

I was talkin to a trainer at the gym the other day, he told me to try throwing in a couple tspn's of regular olive oil on top of my protein shake to add more calories, sounds like a good idea, just wonderin if anyone has done this or know if its healthy to be doin this 3-4 times a day in my shakes, i see how it can be bad cholesterol wise, any advice on that ?

where ya get that from. is it a regular store item

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Do a little research into flax seed oil. It is a widely regarded product for fitness oriented people.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

flax is good

but that doesn't mean olive oil is bad. olive oil is good. try using both forms of oil on separate days. udo's oil is another oil that people use to get their fat for pro/fat meals etc also. you can get flax or udo's at any health food store.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Olive oil is more rich in omega 6's while flax has more omega 3's. The best way would be to use both in you diet.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Best thing about olive oil - it's cheap as hell!

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Thats true whitey. Also it doesn't taste nearly as bad as flax seed oil. I can't mix flax seed oil in my protien drink. I gotta down the **** first.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    The best thing to use is Udo's Choice Oil. That stuff is incredible. I have used flax oil in my shakes forever and anyone who has tried flax oil knows it has a distinct taste you have to become accustomed to. Udo's however has very very little taste when mixed in a protein shake and has the proper ratios of EFA's.

Here is the downlow on Udo's:
    Natural, unrefined Udo's Choice contains an ideal balance of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) omega 3 (alpha-linolenic) and omega 6 (linoleic). These EFAs are so called because they are essential to life itself. They cannot be created by the body and must be obtained through diet. Refined, hydrogenated oils turn EFAs into harmful trans-fatty acids, and studies show most contemporary Western diets are lacking in omega 3. To compensate for this, many consumers have turned to unrefined flax oil, high in omega 3. But, having the right balance between omega 3 and omega 6 is equally important. Too much of one will cause a deficiency of the other. Over the long term flax oil alone can lead to a shortage of omega 6.

Udo's looks excellent! Is $15 a bottle about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Udo's looks excellent! Is $15 a bottle about right?
    That sounds about right. I paid I believe $17-$22 for my bottle the other day at the local health food store.

Cool, bro. I think I'll pick some up - sounds like excellent stuff.

Hey chosenone, when throwing your Udo's in your shake, how much do you use for each shake. quantity wise ?

Quote Originally Posted by ManzNumero1
    Hey chosenone, when throwing your Udo's in your shake, how much do you use for each shake. quantity wise ?
    I use a tablespoon. Most oils have 14g of Fat per Tbsp. I know some people use more than one Tbsp of Oil when bulking, but I think it's slightly excessive. I know when I cut I only use one Tbsp of Oil and 2 scoops of Whey Isolate protein. That gives me about 400kcals that way which is about ideal the way I have my cutting diet set up.

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    i'd start slow though. I've used udo's a little and when i first got it I used a little much and it gave me the mild sh1ts, but I only weigh about 160. Also, don't use it PWO 'cause it'll slow the protein absorbtion. I've heard it best to use it in a before-bed pro shake for that exact reason, spread the absorbtion through the night. I think udo's tastes like sesame oil but stronger...

Thread Information