JoeBlow2000 is offline Banned

Studies... reliable

I've only been on this board a few days now and already I've burst out laughing at many of the forum member's posts that include studies.

If you really want reliable studies on any supplement go to:
    http://www.mdconsult.com and register. You can register for a free trial period. It's the site that all physicians use when they evaluate any drug or supplement and most studies on it are peer reviewed and done in an ivy league setting.

So... stop posting all these crappy overseas studies!

Joe

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link. BTW remember that this is a diversified board and that it includes members from all over the world. Additionally many of the overseas studies have paved the way for US studies. 1 example is the study on glucosamine that the NIH currently is in it's 2nd year of 3. A similar 3 year study was completed in Europe last year.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    US scientific studies are often quite reliable--but not always. Political agendas and corporate sponsorships (read: MONEY with a specific agenda) can often bias them.

Both US and overseas studies--like any FACT--should be read and evaluated with an eye on the motivation of the reasearchers in mind.

testprop is offline Associate Member

Re: Studies... reliable

Originally posted by JoeBlow2000
    I've only been on this board a few days now and already I've burst out laughing at many of the forum member's posts that include studies.

If you really want reliable studies on any supplement go to:
    http://www.mdconsult.com and register. You can register for a free trial period. It's the site that all physicians use when they evaluate any drug or supplement and most studies on it are peer reviewed and done in an ivy league setting.

So... stop posting all these crappy overseas studies!

Joe
    theres nothing wrong with studies from Europe!
    they're just as reliable as US studies, and they're far away from being crappy!

NightOp is offline Member
    i went to the link to check it out and they only offer a 10 day free trial.... (i might be wrong on this, maybe i didn't do it right).. regardless there are reliable studies on the net... i know what you mean that there are some ppl here that don't know much about what they are talking about, but that is why you research as much as possible and get lots of different sources of info....

Thread Information