Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HollywoodM3 is offline Member

**STRETERA (ADHD) and STUDYING FOR EXAMS**

Hey bros,

I have heard a lot of guy talking about taking STRETERA (which is used to help people with add and adhd), to help study in school, im in college and have finals coming up next wk, was wondering if anyone knows where to get some with out a script...I believe that it is NOT a controlled substance and is a non amphetamine.

if anyone knows of anything better to use please share

Thanks

jgg1221 is offline Member
    just ask your doctor for a prescription for it... tell him you cant concentrate with it

dont think its that easy...

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    You probably can get adderall easily. Just tell the doc your having trouble concentrating and its starting to effect your grades. If he wont give you a script, then there's always ephedrine. You can still get it at some gas stations.

ephedrine, you can get anywhere...and no it wont help your concentration

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Screw Strattera (atomoxetine). Adderall is what you need. And yes, it is that easy to get. Go to your doctor and ask if there is anything you can take to improve concentration, say your start thinking of other things when your studying and you get sleepy when reading your books. They will talk to you about adderall and give you a script for it. Strattera is not the best med to take for studying. It is not a stimulant, so no energy/productivity boost. Has a wealth of side-effects, including but not limited to: Common Strattera (atomoxetine) Side Effects Include (But Not Limited To): Dry mouth, Decreased appetite, Weight loss, Upset stomach, Nausea and/or vomiting Constipation, Dizziness, Tiredness, Mood swings, Influenza(flu) and Irritability. Sexual side effects (in adults studied): Ejaculatory problems, Urination problems, Decreased libido, Impotence and Painful menstrual periods...
    Last edited by nsa; 12-15-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    I had a hard time geeting a script. I had to go to a psychologist and get tested, then go back to my GP and get the srcipt. It took over 2 months. Before ten I found a guy in the dorms who was selling his. 2 bucs a pill. he made a nice profit off us.

nsa
    2 bucs a pill, isn't making a big profit at all. Considering you can only get a 30 day supply every 30 days, because its under strict regulation. And the cost of getting the script filled is about 13-17 bucs depending on the pharmacy. Most at my school sell theres for 5-10 bucs a pill, depending on the the dose and level of sucker they are selling to.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    2 bucs a pill, isn't making a big profit at all. Considering you can only get a 30 day supply every 30 days, because its under strict regulation. And the cost of getting the script filled is about 13-17 bucs depending on the pharmacy. Most at my school sell theres for 5-10 bucs a pill, depending on the the dose and level of sucker they are selling to.

So Strattera is no good in your eyes, NSA? You're right, two bucks a pill is cheap so that guy can't be making much profit. :spudniklu

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    ritalin works great for concentration!

nsa
    Atomoxetine (Strattera) is not bad for studying, its just that IMO adderall is alot better. I don't like ritalin either, too jittery for me. Out of the three i would go with adderall for sure.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Just use ephedrine, many people (including myself) in my med school class used it to study.

nsa
    Adderall is many times before for studying than ephedrine. It increase focus along with its stimulant effects. Ephedrine simply is a stimulant.

You in an M.D. program or what?

Adderall is many times before for studying than ephedrine. It increase focus along with its stimulant effects. Ephedrine simply is a stimulant.

You in an M.D. program or what?
    Umm both increase concentration through the same pathways...ephedrine is by far better than adderall for studying. If you have any evidence otherwise I'd love to see it.

nsa
    Im not going to argue. Anyone who has used both for studying will tell you that adderall is better. Its as simple as that.

jgg1221 is offline Member
    well if its so good for concentration then why hasnt the FDA made it available for that use? plus everyone reacts differently to medications, so adderal may not be good for all. it wasnt for me... gave me the jitters and made me real irritable

nsa
    If ephedrine was more effective than adderall for those who suffer from ADHD (attention and focus problems), it would be available for prescription use. It is not and adderall is, not really that hard to figure out...

RedKnight is offline Junior Member
    I have never heard of ephedra being prescribed for ADD. I do know there is a direct correlation between studying and the effects that ADD can have on it. Adderall, however, is one of the most prescribed meds for this. That should tell you something.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKnight
    I have never heard of ephedra being prescribed for ADD. I do know there is a direct correlation between studying and the effects that ADD can have on it. Adderall, however, is one of the most prescribed meds for this. That should tell you something.
    I thought this would be fairly obvious to most people...

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone else with experience getting a scrip for Adderall?

nsa
    Just go to your primary care doctor and tell them you have been having trouble keeping your concentration while reading/ studying for you classes in school. Ask if there is anything that they know of that could possibly help with this issue...

Just go to your primary care doctor and tell them you have been having trouble keeping your concentration while reading/ studying for you classes in school. Ask if there is anything that they know of that could possibly help with this issue...
    Too easy - that'd be telling the truth! No, really, I think I actually need this stuff.

You're right on, though, bro - I really think it's all a matter of what kind of Dr. you talk to. I'll be going to the university's health center, and I wonder if they've heard the story before....

nsa
    Im sure they have, they won't be too keen on giving you a script for adderall IMO because it is a popular drug for college kids to sell for profit. I could be wrong, they might be easy to get it from, but i get the feeling that a university health center they will have heard this story many times before. Primary care doctors are the best option IMO. Alot of people do need this stuff but have not been diagnosed with ADHD so its hard for them. Good luck.

Thanks bro, good informative posts, man.

I thought this would be fairly obvious to most people...
    It should be fairly obvious to an educated person that the drugs do not have the same effects in a pathological condition (ADHD) compared to a normal subject.

I assumed the posters question was what should a normal person without a mental defect take to help study, in which case ephedrine is a much better choice over adderall.

Supposing ephedrine works well for mental focus as longhornDr states, would clenbuterol have similar effects?

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    It should be fairly obvious to an educated person that the drugs do not have the same effects in a pathological condition (ADHD) compared to a normal subject.

I assumed the posters question was what should a normal person without a mental defect take to help study, in which case ephedrine is a much better choice over adderall.
    What objective tests are done to show if someone has ADHD or not?

There are no objective tests for ADHD. There are many experimental objective tests such as blood flow studies of the brain but there is no universally proven and accepted objective test for ADHD.

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member
    this my sound weird but i passed all my heaviest exams such as Maths III and Physics III on chrystal meth. Yes its a very illegal and dangerous drug but you can stay awake for days and suck up info with redicilous speed. Very dangerous though and i wouldnt recomend it but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Lex
    this my sound weird but i passed all my heaviest exams such as Maths III and Physics III on chrystal meth. Yes its a very illegal and dangerous drug but you can stay awake for days and suck up info with redicilous speed. Very dangerous though and i wouldnt recomend it but it works.
    Good God, man! For Pete's sake, nobody else try this!!!!

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member
    yep very dangerous can even result in death, not recommendable highly addictive but used it 3 times for my finals and worked wonders for me thats just speaking from experience

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Lex
    yep very dangerous can even result in death, not recommendable highly addictive but used it 3 times for my finals and worked wonders for me thats just speaking from experience
    wow your a freak, any way adderall is the best for studing, ususally i see it for 2 bucks a pill, durring finals week kids are sellin them for 5 bucks a pop. but listen to what people are saying and go get a script, you are better off that way.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    There are no objective tests for ADHD. There are many experimental objective tests such as blood flow studies of the brain but there is no universally proven and accepted objective test for ADHD.
    If there is no objective tests for ADHD, then the diagnosis must be subjective. So how can you clearly say if a patient has a pathological condition, such as ADHD? You can't, so there is no way to objectively diagnosis this mental condition. Thus, there is no difference in the effect of adderall on a patient with ADHD compared to a patient without ADHD.

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    I don't think I have ADD, but i was still able to get a script(Adderall XR 20mg) for it anyways. For a person in my situation, do you think cycling Adderall would be better? Much like we do with ephedrine?

My main problem is motivating myself to study, I have never had problem with being able to memorize lectures or anything like that.

I believe ephedrine helps, but from personal experience Adderall seems to have helped motivate my lazy a$$ to study. My only worry is long term brain damage from use of Adderall? Are there any studies/theories that suggest this?

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Ephedra can not be patented as it is a naturally occuring substance, hence they will never prescribe it. It is common for pharmaceutical companies to market drugs with harsh sides instead of promoting safer natural alternatives.

Take a look into sysntheic vs natural progesterone, many women have suffered because of this very issue. Have to love capitalism in medicine!

If ephedrine was more effective than adderall for those who suffer from ADHD (attention and focus problems), it would be available for prescription use. It is not and adderall is, not really that hard to figure out...

If there is no objective tests for ADHD, then the diagnosis must be subjective. So how can you clearly say if a patient has a pathological condition, such as ADHD? You can't, so there is no way to objectively diagnosis this mental condition. Thus, there is no difference in the effect of adderall on a patient with ADHD compared to a patient without ADHD.
    Wow thats some f*cked up logic, according to you just because we dont have an objective test for it yet, no pathology exists. That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this board. We dont have objective tests for alzhemiers disease either, the diagnosis is purely subjective, but the drugs sure as hell do affect those with and without the disease differently.

Most of the psychiatric drugs are aimed to restore a balance, say for example a simplified system with 3 points A, B, C, with point B being the point of optimum performance and A and C being points of dysequilibrium. A person with ADHD taking a stimulant might be moved from A to B, while a normal person on the same stimulant would be moved from B to C, going from a point of optimal function to a point as equally undesirable as point A in a person with ADHD.

There are thousands of examples were drugs have different effects in those with pathology and those without. One simple and classic example is aspirin.

It is well known that aspirin decreases body temp in a febrile subject. Guess what one of the hallmark signs on aspirin overdose is.

Besides all that, anyone considering getting scripts just to study should really think long and hard about the long term ramifications of having a psychiatric diagnosis on your medical record for the rest of your life. The second you fill a script for any psych med it will be on your medical record forever. And dont think insurance companies wont see it, because they have access to every script you have ever filled. This may not be a big deal now but it can really bite you in the ass down the road when you try to buy life insurance to provide for your family. The doctors writing these scripts are not doing you any favors. I see patients all the time who have been rejected or rated by insurance companies because of psych meds they took ages ago, you will be marked as a psych patient FOREVER.

9000rpm is offline Member
    I think I have adult ADHD. When I'm in class, I find myself daydreaming and I can never focus or concentrate on what is going on. But when I take ephedra, it's like the cloud clears and I can totally pay attention the whole time and retain ALL the info the prof. just spit out in class. I have a photographic memory, so when I pay attention, I can do VERY well in classes. But when daydreaming, I suck.

Ephedra has helped me an enormous amount. But I haven't tried anything else. And I don't really plan on it since ephedra works for me so well. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 01-22-2005 at 01:25 AM.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally i think its just another excuse for being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I think I have adult ADHD. When I'm in class, I find myself daydreaming and I can never focus or concentrate on what is going on. But when I take ephedra, it's like the cloud clears and I can totally pay attention the whole time and retain ALL the info the prof. just spit out in class. I have a photographic memory, so when I pay attention, I can do VERY well in classes. But when daydreaming, I suck.

Ephedra has helped me an enormous amount. But I haven't tried anything else. And I don't really plan on it since ephedra works for me so well. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    How/when do you dose the ephedra for study purposes?

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    How/when do you dose the ephedra for study purposes?
    I now use the 25mg ephedrine from Vaspro that can still be bought online. If I am feeling tired in the morning before class, I just take one about a half hour before class and then take another if necessary about 2 to 3 hours later. Now during finals, I eat the stuff like it's cereal. j/k But I do take up to 200mg per day if I'm cramming for finals and need to stay awake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information