Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Thumbs down Yohimbine and naseua?

I am taking 15mg yohimbine hcl every morning along with a herbal eca stack.

The first 5 days I got no problem(I started with 5mg yohimbine and increased by one each day until I was at 15mg). But then I started to get VERY cold and naseuous. At first I thought I was getting sic or something cause i got the worst fever shiverings imaginable. Tried to workout through that and almost fainted and puked several times. Same thing happend the next day about half and hour after taking the yohimbine and eca.
    The day after I only took 5mg yohimbine and the eca and had no problem whatsoever. Today I took 10mg yohimbine and the eca and once again I have serious shivers and I feel naseuous. Like having a fever.

Does anyone else get this effect from yohimbine?? I dont want to drop it completely. Would it be better to space dosage upp during the day?

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    Yohimbe interacts with certain other medications. I would read up on that and see if there's anything else you are taking that doesn't mix well with it (i.e., is contraindicated). Other than that, I think some people just naturally react negatively to it. So you could be taking something that is contraindicated or you could have a natural sensitivity. I'll leave it to others to comment on the possibility of just using the low dose you mentioned in your post. Good luck.

What Im afraid of is the maoi properties of yohimbine. Wherever I read it it sais to NEVER mix stimulants with maoi's. But everyone seems to combine yohimbine and ephedra. Maby Im just sensitive

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I think yohimbine is terrible, but I don't think you should exceed 5 mg at a time. I never took more than 10 mg in a 24 hour period. Where did you read to up it to 15 mg?

a friend at the gym(my competition coach)told me to take around 15.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    yikes, y-hcl and eca? Thats asking for a heart attack. When Y-HCL is taken on an empty stomach, some experience naseua. I would suggest maybe downing a small no carb protein shake, or at least some bcaas, and then combining 5-10mg of Y-HCL with 200mg of caffiene. Save the e/c/a for maybe pre weights. MAke sure to take the Y without carbs, as carbs blunt Y's action.

Thread Information