Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

help dear old mom

my mom asked me if this stuff was any good "Cordyceps" it's a herb she saw in her magazine. the mag hyped it for making heart and lungs healthier and improving energy. a quote from the article

"it speeds recovery from exercise 83%"
    "improve engery and banish fatigue in as little as three weeks"

personal, im very iffy about this.

the bottle says "Cordyceps" and below that "cordyceps sinensis"

anyone know anything?!!?!?

4plates is offline Banned
    not sure if this is what you read but i found this
    Cordyceps is perhaps best known as the supplement members of the Chinese women's track and field team used in training before they broke several records in 1993 and 1994. Team members tested negative for using illegal substances, but their coach revealed the the athletes' diets were supplemented with a Chinese "caterpillar fungus." Fungi supplements--like reishi and shitake mushrooms--are growing in popularity in the U.S.

Another important species, Cordyceps Sinensis, is also gaining recognition. Cordyceps has properties similar to those of Ginseng and is traditionally used to help the body build strength and endurance. It also benefits the glandular system, aiding male potency and supporting females during and after menopause. In addition, cordyceps supports the kidneys, aids the upper respiratory tract and helps the body maintain proper blood viscosity.

Directions: Take 2-3 capsules with a meal three times daily.

*Cordyceps is safe for adults, but people using immune-suppressing drugs, anticoagulant drugs or broncho-dilators should consult their health-care practitioners before using this product. Pregnant or lactating women should avoid using this product.

NightOp is offline Member
    i have no info or experience with that stuff, 4 plates gave a pretty good reply it looks like.. but i do know that anything that sounds too good to be true, almost always is.

thanks 4plates, i also read it builds up ATP in the muscles. which is amazing to us, but if we haven't heard of it before,, then Im thinking to good to be true??

4plates is offline Banned
    i think it all a matter of what you believe.
    i know a person that takes ginseng and claims to get a great deal of energy from it where it did nothing for me

bump

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Shiitake has been revered in Japan and China as both a food and medicinal herb for thousands of years. Wu Ri, a physician from the Chinese Ming Dynasty era (A.D. 1368–1644), wrote extensively about this mushroom, noting its ability to increase energy, cure colds, and eliminate worms

Thread Information