playa4933 is offline Associate Member

making mono creatine more effective

hey guys,
    Trust me i have done a searched and looked at everything on ethyl ester, but i had a few questions. I read about how mono doesnt absorb well, but i head somewhere else (dont remember) that if you mix mono with i think it was grape juice, it will work just as well as ester. Is there any way to make it work close to as well as ester? I ask this only because i heard it somewhere, and 500 g on allsportsnutrition for solid creatine for 10 dollers is a deal. I am totally willing to try ester, but you know, if there is a cheeper way im there.

By the way, i like allsportsnutrition. I read on here that some/most esters were not quality. The 2 products i see on there are the one fron alri, and both have 2000mg per serving as i understand. Which should I order, or is there a cheeper site with something better. (oh and on the alri, wtf is that thing by the bottle?) I hate to ask these questions as they have been broadly described before, but im making sure and getting details. Sorry for the long ****in post too. Thanks, feel free to post a link to a post if yo want

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Creatine Monohydrate requires water to properly absorb - be sure you drink lots of extra fluids. Some of the nonresponders, or weak responders, to creatine monohydrate benefit from adding some sodium bicarbonate to buffer destructive stomach acids... Asprin Free Alka Seltzer is the best route (aside form adding baking soda and waiting for it to dissolve - never drink Baking Soda without it being completely dissolved) since it completely dissolves using the effervecent tabs. Adding sugars or Alpha Lipoic Acid to the mix helps in transporting the Creatine...

Sodium Bicarbonate -> Get pass the digestive process
    Water -> Absorbtion into the muscle (creatine MONOHYDRATE)
    Sugar, ALA -> Helps transports the compound to the muscle to increase Creatine Phosphate stores

awsome, thank you. Will that come close to cee, or should i just go for it and just get cee?

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Check out this article on a creatine. This was actually done before CEE, but it has really good info on how to get the best absorbtion of creatine monohydrate. I use micronized and love it, but I have been thinking about giving CEE a shot just to see what the hype is all about.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    Check out this article on a creatine. This was actually done before CEE, but it has really good info on how to get the best absorbtion of creatine monohydrate. I use micronized and love it, but I have been thinking about giving CEE a shot just to see what the hype is all about.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm
    That article is kinda... umm... not sure...

"Why effervescent is not the answer: "Again, effervescence adresses the issue of getting the stuff in to your blood fast and not into the muscle. Effervescence was a step in the right direction. It's kept stable until introduced into the solution and spends near to no time in the stomach, so a lot more gets into the blood. Especially for loading this is interesting because you could load with smaller amounts. Some claim this stuff is 200 percent more effective. That is plain bull. But it is just as effective, maybe slightly more than powdered creatine (at least in the first 2 weeks of use). My beef with effervescence is that you can't stack this stuff with your shakes and other supps. I mean who drinks effervescent milkshakes? That is asking for gastro-intestinal discomfort at the least. On top of that effervescence is created with carbon dioxide, which is also a waste product. To ingest something that the body naturally expels, doesn't make much sense. This is the same reason I never drink much soda either, even though I like it."

Effervecent is the best way to take in Sodium Bicarbonate - something athletes have been doing for many, many years (called blood buffering). The IOC wanted to ban it once, but quickly relized they would be banning all baked goods in the process Taking Sodium Bicorbonate in the form of a scoop of Baking Soda can be more dangerous since it is more difficult to fully dissolve it. If you are engaged in a heavy caloric diet, lots of intense training (aerobic and anerobic), as well as other daily activities that can increase stomach PH - this can hurt regular digestion and the uptake of nutrients - as well as supplemental creatine use... taking Creatine with, or following, a stomach buffer like Sodium Bicarbonate can help people better respond to it...

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    I didn't really read into much else except the parts about taking creatine with carbs and ala, ect. Didn't even read the part about effervecent.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Use slin with creatine and you'll have better results than anyother creatine system.

hate to sounds like a dumbass but what is slin?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    insulin

Thread Information