AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Arichidonic Acid(AA) "X-Factor"/prostaglandins

The guy who wrote Anabolics 2004 has a product out called "X-Factor"
    which is concentrated arichidonic acid (AA). AA is a precurser to prostaglandins that actually promotes inflamatory actions in the body. These actions signal anabolism. AA is found in high concentrations in red meat.
    Anybody try it? Hear anything good, bad?

The only other time i remmeber hearing about AA was in "The Zone" books by Beary Sears. I just remember him saying red meat should be somwhat limited because to much arichidonic acid is a cause of heart disease. This just makes me wanna try it even more since as with alll things, the more sides, the more results!
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 02-27-2005 at 09:17 PM.

oh well, just ordered 3 bottles of it. Should last a littlle under 2 months. I'll let ya know if i see anything.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    I did a trial for 1 F A S T 4 0 0 last year, and I was not impressed. It did increase pumps slightly, and I maybe gained a pound over six weeks, but the inflamation it caused in my joints was not worth it. Make sure you do not take fish oil or NSAIDS (naproxen, aspirin, aceta. etc) as they block its action. Heres a long ass thread on it http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f...id,and,factor&

Dang that WAS a long ass thread. I tried to read most of it, but that was rough reading.
    So basically the stuff inhibits IGF-1, which is obviously no good for muscles.

So it made your joints hurt? ****, that can't be good. Did the inflamation hurt your lifting? This is more like an anti-supplement than a supplement. Shoot, and i ordered 3 bottles of it!!!!
    No fish oils, okay. What about My udo's choice, flax and other omega 3 sources, can i take those? Ithink only fish oils have DHA and EPA, or whatever.

The increased inflammation is supposed to help increase muscle induced inflammation and prostaglandin release. On paper it looks good. It just didnt pan out for me. I was taking six caps a day. I suggest try it out as long as you bought them, at a high dose, 6-0 a day. Maybe it will work better for you. BTW, Flax converts to epa/dha, albeit not very well.

Hmm. I'll just drop the oils then on this trial run i guess.
    I did also read somewhere that omega-3's compete for the same ezymes as arachidonic acid, so it looks like all the oils will just get in the way. My plan is to take in just take the stuff and then if i don't feel good(joints etc), add back some oils, and if i still don't feel good add some more, then if still not right start lowering the dose of the arachidonic acid.

So what joints bothered you the most? Knees? Elbows? Shoulders? Back? would you just notice it after lifting?

My knees (but i have had 3 surgeries on it) and joint soreness from the joints I would workout, along with more than normal DOMS.

This stuff causes platelet aggregation as well i just read. This means it will make my blood thicker also correct? Did you have bulgier veins from this stuff? I'm already very veiny so im curiouse to see if this stuff just makes it look nice and grotesqe.
    There is a compound that pros used that thickens their blood just for the sole purpose of looking more veiny, but i forget the name of it. It was a medical drug, not AA.

Plasma Expandors. Yes, I was more vascular.

Thread Information