Thread: B12?

JimmyD69 is offline Junior Member

B12?

Ya stupid qustion what is it? I thought I'd ask you guys.
    seariously dont know what it is?

superbeast is offline Member
    A type of Vitamin B.

JimmyD69 is offline Junior Member
    Thats it. Why the hell is it good to inject it?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool B12 versus B12 . . .

Originally posted by JimmyD69
    Why the hell is it good to inject it?
    First, Jimmy, you should realize that B12 comes two ways: Oral (tablets) and injectable. When we're talking about injectable B12, the technical name for it is cyanocobalimin.

The reason that B12 is sometimes injected is that some people have a Vitamin B12 deficiency. This can be acquired at any time in life, and can cause, among other things, pernicious anemia and paresthesias/neuropathy.

In these cases, oral B12 doesn't do squat because it's not absorbed as well as, and excreted more quickly than, the injectable variety. Hence, people who need B12 supplementation generally inject 1,000 mcg (micrograms) of cyanocobalimin once a month - yes, it will last in your system that long. The injections are intramuscular (usually in the delt), and in most cases consist of 1 ml. - (In other words, 1 ml = 1,000 mcg of cyanocobalimin.) It's a water-based injection, so it only requires a 25 g. 1" nedle.

Incidentally, cyanocobalimin is one of the cheapest drugs on the market today. Last time I picked some up, a 30 cc vial (enough for 30 injections, or a 30-month supply) cost me only $3.80. Since I get 80% of that back from my insurer, the vial was only $0.76.

From a bodybuilding/weightlifting perspective, cyanocobalimin is not an anabolic steroid , merely a potent vitamin. But a lot of lifters think it gives them a little extra kick, or extra energy. t's one of those drugs that may or may not help you, but it generally won't hurt you. In fact, if you inject too much or too often, the body will simply excrete it (as long as you're not going bonkers with the injections).

Needless to say, before playing with B12, I reommend having your B12 level tested (a simple lab test, done by blood sample). If you don't need it, why bother? But you may find that it will help you. Normal values for B12 levels are 200-1100 pg/ml.

Duckmanfoochew is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT
    First, Jimmy, you should realize that B12 comes two ways: Oral (tablets) and injectable. When we're talking about injectable B12, the technical name for it is cyanocobalimin.

The reason that B12 is sometimes injected is that some people have a Vitamin B12 deficiency. This can be acquired at any time in life, and can cause, among other things, pernicious anemia and paresthesias/neuropathy.

In these cases, oral B12 doesn't do squat because it's not absorbed as well as, and excreted more quickly than, the injectable variety. Hence, people who need B12 supplementation generally inject 1,000 mcg (micrograms) of cyanocobalimin once a month - yes, it will last in your system that long. The injections are intramuscular (usually in the delt), and in most cases consist of 1 ml. - (In other words, 1 ml = 1,000 mcg of cyanocobalimin.) It's a water-based injection, so it only requires a 25 g. 1" nedle.

Incidentally, cyanocobalimin is one of the cheapest drugs on the market today. Last time I picked some up, a 30 cc vial (enough for 30 injections, or a 30-month supply) cost me only $3.80. Since I get 80% of that back from my insurer, the vial was only $0.76.

From a bodybuilding/weightlifting perspective, cyanocobalimin is not an anabolic steroid , merely a potent vitamin. But a lot of lifters think it gives them a little extra kick, or extra energy. t's one of those drugs that may or may not help you, but it generally won't hurt you. In fact, if you inject too much or too often, the body will simply excrete it (as long as you're not going bonkers with the injections).

Needless to say, before playing with B12, I reommend having your B12 level tested (a simple lab test, done by blood sample). If you don't need it, why bother? But you may find that it will help you. Normal values for B12 levels are 200-1100 pg/ml.

SO ONE 1000IU'S/MONTH. 1 CC. MONTH THAT IS IT?????

??????

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckmanfoochew
    SO ONE 1000IU'S/MONTH. 1 CC. MONTH THAT IS IT?????

??????

I take b12 via injection. Its no big deal plus its cheap. Makes me feel like i have more energy. Maybe even a placebo effect. I did 1CC a week. Then went up to two shots a week @ 1cc. Now im down to every two weeks @ 1cc.

Thread Information