chinups Guest

1 a day multi vit pill

I have read alot of ppl that believe a one a day pill is no good, it seems your body can't break it down. I also heard when they clean septic tanks they actually find dones of these pills showing proof that the body can't break them down. What do we do? I know we need eat well and most of our vit will come from that but should we take liquid vitamins instead? All the money I spent on **** pills. UGH!!!

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    I have read alot of ppl that believe a one a day pill is no good, it seems your body can't break it down. I also heard when they clean septic tanks they actually find dones of these pills showing proof that the body can't break them down. What do we do? I know we need eat well and most of our vit will come from that but should we take liquid vitamins instead? All the money I spent on **** pills. UGH!!!
    I've never heards that about not being able to break down the pill. I have taken a multivit. ED for 4 years and never seen one in my dookie. Sorry I can't help.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    break them in half if your worried. btw, do u think people cleaning septic tanks really find a small pill?

chinups Guest
    well apparently this guy said he found one in his toilet. LOL Were you starring at it, or it kinda just jumped out at yea.....

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    My uncle runs a porta pottie business for the Tampa Bay Bucs and said that there are screens in their ****ters. Said he finds tons of pills and had them checked out.....multivitamins.

chinups Guest
    I am betting the luquid ones are absorbed better, only thing is they are pricey

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

i disagree and never heard of that

chinups Guest
    How could u disagree if you never heard of it??? Is it possible you just never read into or read about it, ask your doctor he will tell you and so will alot of educated individuals

just break them up in half or something, or get a liquid. If you think this is true, do what you think is best.

chinups Guest
    Just thought it was a good topic to discuss since about 80 pecent of this board takes some form of vitamins in a pill form

GuyinLA is offline New Member
    I don't know much, but I know a little about this topic.

It is advisable to take water soluble vitamins (i.e. B and C) throughout the day, rather than all at once. Reason: your body can only absorb so much of a water soluble vitamin at one time. Any excess ends up in your urine. Excess B vitamins is the cause of the deep yellow urine that many experience when taking vitamins.

Vitamin A is fat soluble but many multiple vitamin supplements provide vitamin A in the form of beta carotene, a carotenoid that converts to vitamin A. I think beta carotene is water soluble but not positive.

The other vitamins (E, D, K) are fat soluble and are not easily excreted by the body. Therefore, these can be taken at the same time. Likewise, I believe minerals are not easily excreted by the body and could be taken all at once.

Bottom line: one-a-day multivitamins are not the way to go. You at least want to divide your vitamins in two dosages, preferably three.

Just thought it was a good topic to discuss since about 80 pecent of this board takes some form of vitamins in a pill form
    hope you didnt take it as a flame or anything. If you do feel like your wasting it, than a piece of mind for a bit more cash may be worth it for you.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLA
    Excess B vitamins is the cause of the deep yellow urine that many experience when taking vitamins.

hmm, beer must have alot of B Vitamins in it

YouCanDoIt is offline Junior Member
    yeah, or how about getting your vitamins from your diet....not that hard. I mean even frozen vegetables have plenty.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea i just recently started takin a multi-v and my piss has been yellow! should i be worried?

mitch428cj is offline Member
    i just take 2 of em n throw them in the blender with my shake lol either that or chew up some ... just to make sure and if you really wanted to you could just buy a pill crusher and it will make it into power

GuyinLA is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    yea i just recently started takin a multi-v and my piss has been yellow! should i be worried?
    Nope. Your body is simply eliminating the B vitamins it can't absorb.

YouCanDoIt is offline Junior Member
    Not to sound like a hippie, but vitamins are better absorbed when derived from natural sources. Vegetables, etc. Nutritional yeast - good source of B vitamins.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    try this: Crunch the pill up into a powder or close to a powder, wrap it up in some tissue and swollow. its called parachuting. People do it alot with oxycontin and **** like that, it is all absorbed at once, which pretty much means more of the vitamin will get absorbed. Think of it like this, if you dropped a pill into a drink A, and a powder into drink B, which would dissolve faster? B because its already broken up.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playa4933
    try this: Crunch the pill up into a powder or close to a powder, wrap it up in some tissue and swollow. its called parachuting. People do it alot with oxycontin and **** like that, it is all absorbed at once, which pretty much means more of the vitamin will get absorbed. Think of it like this, if you dropped a pill into a drink A, and a powder into drink B, which would dissolve faster? B because its already broken up.

please dont be foolish an start swallowing wads of cleanex.. the GOOD multivitamins are time released.. you do NOT want to absorb them all at once,, but over a few hours.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    im just saying if the time release is so much that you **** out a pill, then you have to break it somehow. If it is a time release coat, you can scrape it off. Parachuting is just one way of getting it into your system, im not saying you need it all at once, but again if your ****tin the pill out, then you probably arent getting much vitamin at all. You could always crush it and put it in a drink, but parachuting doesnt taste bad. Just an idea.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by jc3
    My uncle runs a porta pottie business for the Tampa Bay Bucs and said that there are screens in their ****ters. Said he finds tons of pills and had them checked out.....multivitamins.
    Hey, atleast you get your multis for free!!!

j/k bro

Thread Information