DiamondDash2k is offline New Member

bulking up without anabolics

Just curious if anyone can tell me any particular things i can take to bulk up beside steroids because im not a fan of all these side effects of extra testosterone like acne, and body hair.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Moved to the propper forum.

seanw is offline Banned
    What are your stats and workout experience ? You wont necessarily get any side effects from gear, its an individual thing. Your first cycle wouldnt be large amounts and the sides can be controlled. Having said that, eating is the best body builder, with or without gear. Whats your diet look like as well ?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDash2k
    Just curious if anyone can tell me any particular things i can take to bulk up beside steroids because im not a fan of all these side effects of extra testosterone like acne, and body hair.
    Eat 3000 calories a day and bust your butt in the gym. You will bulk up.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Food is the best anabolic in this case. Make sure your getting at least 30% of your diet in fat, and 1g per lb protein, and the rest quality carbs.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Get your bulking diet and training in check first. Then get whey protein, dextrose, multivits/multimins and maybe creatine to supplement your diet. That should help bulk you up

DiamondDash2k is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    What are your stats and workout experience ? You wont necessarily get any side effects from gear, its an individual thing. Your first cycle wouldnt be large amounts and the sides can be controlled. Having said that, eating is the best body builder, with or without gear. Whats your diet look like as well ?
    I've worked out for 3 years but i havent actually started use of protein powder till october. I work out 3 times a week, 4 exercises, 4 sets, and reps from 6-10.. from heaviest to lowest.. so i can get both size and definition. I eat pretty much carbs some meat for lunch.. usually wake up around 1, then go to school, then come home eat some meat with rice, then work out, then protein shake, then ill eat some meat at nite..

Im about 5'3", 135 pounds.. 17% body fat according to the calculator. Im looking to bulk up with some supplements while at the same time also lose some weight for my abs.

thanks to all that replied!

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Dude, i've got to eat about every 2-3 hours and it's still a struggle to put on mass. It wasn't until I cut down on the high intensity cardio and ate loads of beef that I noticed major changes. Also, IMO without a shake after a workout, you're setting yourself up for minimal results.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDash2k

Im about 5'3", 135 pounds.. 17% body fat according to the calculator. Im looking to bulk up with some supplements while at the same time also lose some weight for my abs.

thanks to all that replied!
    You cannot add muscle and lose fat, especially without steroids . It just doesnt happen. At 17% BF, I dont think you should bulk up. I also wouldnt cut either. I would try to add 250-500 cals extra on your workout days in the way of carbs and healthy fats, and than on your non lifting days be in a 250 calorie deficit 2 days of the week, and the other non lifting days be at maintenance cals. 17% is not low enough to bulk IMO without becoming a sloppy mess.

Thread Information